Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Adaline
    • By Adaline 19th Nov 19, 1:25 PM
    • 267Posts
    • 122Thanks
    Adaline
    Successful PIP application
    • 19th Nov 19, 1:25 PM
    Successful PIP application 19th Nov 19 at 1:25 PM
    Just wanted to share a success story with PIP. I've been on DLA (higher rate mobility and care) since 2001 on an indefinite award. I've been feeling stressed for the past few years since PIP was announced and hearing the horror stories about the assessments and rejections. I had my assessment a few weeks ago. I was extremely lucky to have an appointment at home, with a lovely nurse, who spent an hour and a half talking with me, typing up exactly what I said on her laptop, which was reflected in the report. I've just heard that I've got enhanced rates for both mobility and care. The relief is enormous.

I just wanted to thank everyone who's shared their experiences and help with making applications on this forum as it really helped me through the whole process. Also to offer support and solidarity to all those who have had a bad experience with assessments, tribunals, and rejections. The whole process is awful, and it seems so arbitrary that it depends on who come for the assessment, it's really crazy, and something we need to keep fighting against.
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 19th Nov 19, 4:48 PM
    • 3,967 Posts
    • 5,670 Thanks
    venison
    • 19th Nov 19, 4:48 PM
    • 19th Nov 19, 4:48 PM
    Always good to hear positive outcomes.
    For the many NOT the few
    • Arthurarthur52
    • By Arthurarthur52 19th Nov 19, 11:21 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Arthurarthur52
    • 19th Nov 19, 11:21 PM
    • 19th Nov 19, 11:21 PM
    How long did you have to wait for a home visit. Itís been since mid August when we sent the pip form back and September a letter from the dr to request a home visit, not heard a word and phoning every two weeks to see whatís happening.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 20th Nov 19, 9:09 AM
    • 6,213 Posts
    • 5,746 Thanks
    poppy12345
    • 20th Nov 19, 9:09 AM
    • 20th Nov 19, 9:09 AM
    How long did you have to wait for a home visit. Itís been since mid August when we sent the pip form back and September a letter from the dr to request a home visit, not heard a word and phoning every two weeks to see whatís happening.
    Originally posted by Arthurarthur52
    There's no timescales for assessments or decisions. It depends on backlog in your area. If a home visit is granted then sometimes it can take longer for an appointment to become available.
    • Adaline
    • By Adaline 29th Nov 19, 2:40 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    Adaline
    • 29th Nov 19, 2:40 PM
    • 29th Nov 19, 2:40 PM
    Originally posted by Arthurarthur52

I waited for four months after submitting the application form. Then I had a letter giving a week's notice for the assessment. Fingers crossed you hear soon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,485Posts Today

8,560Users online

Martin's Twitter