Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 17th Nov 19, 10:18 AM
    • 1,028Posts
    • 2,301Thanks
    duncanthedog
    *Warning* Banggood
    • 17th Nov 19, 10:18 AM
    *Warning* Banggood 17th Nov 19 at 10:18 AM
    A warning about Banggood delivery, it just doesn't happen.

I was given a 30 day delivery timescale which then turned into a 'we will ship' within 30 days which then turned into a shipping date after the 30 day time frame and 14 days after that the item had still not shown as having been shipped so I cancelled.

I got my money back - well almost, because of currency exchange rates I lost over £1 on the deal.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 17th Nov 19, 11:04 AM
    • 13,556 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 17th Nov 19, 11:04 AM
    • 17th Nov 19, 11:04 AM
    Christmas is around the corner multiple fails on Chinese goods / deliverys posts .
    • camelot1971
    • By camelot1971 17th Nov 19, 3:53 PM
    • 1,117 Posts
    • 1,746 Thanks
    camelot1971
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:53 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 3:53 PM
    Don't buy cheap crap from China?
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 17th Nov 19, 5:10 PM
    • 11,369 Posts
    • 13,008 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:10 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 5:10 PM
    Don't buy cheap crap from China?
    Originally posted by camelot1971
    Or if you do, expect equally crap customer service.
    You may be surprised and get good value items and equally good customer service but when paying pennies for items, this is far from guaranteed.
    • Kingsd316
    • By Kingsd316 17th Nov 19, 7:38 PM
    • 1,362 Posts
    • 614 Thanks
    Kingsd316
    • 17th Nov 19, 7:38 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 7:38 PM
    I’ve never had a failed delivery from banggood, or AliExpress for that matter
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 17th Nov 19, 11:00 PM
    • 29,574 Posts
    • 12,164 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 17th Nov 19, 11:00 PM
    • 17th Nov 19, 11:00 PM
    Had stuff not arrive from Chinese sellers. Maybe they didnt post it, maybe it got lost in the post or maybe customs seized it. Who knows its teh risk.

Ordered more stuff today, delivery estimates seem longer than normal, maybe its just the sellers of this gadget? Or maybe its because its getting close to xmas?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 18th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 2,301 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    • 18th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    • 18th Nov 19, 7:38 AM
    Christmas is around the corner multiple fails on Chinese goods / deliverys posts .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    I don't know when you think christmas starts but in my book it is not the beginning of October, so that excuse is out of the window.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 18th Nov 19, 8:38 AM
    • 29,574 Posts
    • 12,164 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 18th Nov 19, 8:38 AM
    • 18th Nov 19, 8:38 AM
    Except some items i purchased the other day show an expected delivery of Jan 3rd.

Tried to pick ones where thats the latest but they do seem to be longer delivery times than usual.

Rather wait than pay double for the same item.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

• oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 18th Nov 19, 12:57 PM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 1,957 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    • 18th Nov 19, 12:57 PM
    • 18th Nov 19, 12:57 PM
    Never had any problems with China based sellers. "Chinese crap" is sold universally in the U.K. by big name sellers anyway. So why pay more for the same stuff? What isn't Chinese made nowadays anyway?

In fact, a recent AliExpress order of mine was not showing any tracking nor has it been delivered. AliExpress refunded the full amount paid, without question, after I opened a dispute..
    R.I.P. U.K. Democracy.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 18th Nov 19, 1:03 PM
    • 13,556 Posts
    • 6,222 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    I don't know when you think christmas starts but in my book it is not the beginning of October, so that excuse is out of the window.
    Originally posted by duncanthedog

Dont get out much then .
    Shops etc start Christmas circa August .
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 18th Nov 19, 1:54 PM
    • 13,748 Posts
    • 23,353 Thanks
    pulliptears
    Iíve never had a failed delivery from banggood, or AliExpress for that matter
    Originally posted by Kingsd316
    Had a couple from Ali over the summer. Weirdly both went to addresses on the other side of the country from me so I assume I'd been mixed up with another order.
    Refunded immediately.

I order a fair bit from them, mostly random crap (case in point a toothpick crossbow) and rarely have problems but I keep in mind that this is a Chinese item and don't spend more than I'm happy to lose.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 20th Nov 19, 6:43 AM
    • 29,574 Posts
    • 12,164 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    That is usually my thinking when buying from China only buy what you can afford to throw away.

Broke that rule once and spent a few hundred on an item, less than half the UK prices for the same item.

1st box arrived totally empty where was box #2? Tracking showed it in Memphis USA. Opened dispute about the 1st box and a few days later box #2 arrived all battered and ripped partially open.

Seller shipped the missing items and all was good until i received 2 lots of shipping /tax charges. Complained and they wiped the lot.

Lucky ending, especially so as the seller under insured.

• duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 21st Nov 19, 10:26 AM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 2,301 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Got to laugh at their latest advert relating to black Friday

it reads Bcalk Friday - real quality workmanship
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,929Posts Today

7,270Users online

Martin's Twitter