Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Nick R
    • By MSE Nick R 20th Sep 19, 12:26 PM
    • 19Posts
    • 5Thanks
    MSE Nick R
    0 WOW
    Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide - MSE News
    • 20th Sep 19, 12:26 PM
    0 WOW
    Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide - MSE News 20th Sep 19 at 12:26 PM
    Sainsbury’s is quietly trialling its new Nectar loyalty scheme across the country, with shoppers across much of the UK now able to boost their points by pre-selecting offers on certain products...
    Read the full story:
    'Revealed: Sainsbury's trial of new Nectar loyalty scheme extended nationwide
    '

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Page 3
    • od244051
    • By od244051 8th Nov 19, 9:26 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    od244051
    Currently on my weekly offers on the app, I will get 100 points if I buy a can of Basics chopped tomatoes. They are 30p - so 20p profit
    • P1Fanatic
    • By P1Fanatic 12th Nov 19, 2:54 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    P1Fanatic
    The weekly offers on the Nectar App seem better (points wise) and better related to what I buy regularly. My points balance is going up a lot quicker than it was before. Plus you get them before you shop (just have to remember to login in save them) rather than after you checkout at the till. I just hope they still send the £10 of a £60 spend, 3x points etc that I got through the post. The paper ones I got with my receipt were a lot of "spend minimum of x on y to be rewarded.
    • Bark01
    • By Bark01 18th Nov 19, 10:25 PM
    • 817 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    Bark01
    Does anyone else just open the app when the weekly new offers notification pops up, scroll to the bottom, select 'save all' and forget about it? I've stopped cheeking what the offers are. There doesn't seem any point in not just 'selecting all'

All the things are stuff I'd buy regularly anyway, so i don't feel the need to either scroll through the app and only select the things i'm going to buy or adjust my shopping to whats on the list.

Not exactly complaining, but in my particular case I don't really see what Sainsburys are getting out of it.
    • grumpyoldwoman
    • By grumpyoldwoman 19th Nov 19, 7:40 AM
    • 100 Posts
    • 7,844 Thanks
    grumpyoldwoman
    I do exactly the same, save all, then if I buy them I gain, if I don't buy them I don't lose anything. I do wonder, though, if they send the same offers to everyone because the last 4 weeks I've shopped something in my offers list is unavailable. First week it was sweet pointed peppers, second week it was 6 slices of corned beef, third week 6 large free range eggs, and last week basics cauli. The shelves where these products should have been were completely empty.
    • maman
    • By maman 24th Nov 19, 9:40 PM
    • 21,017 Posts
    • 124,428 Thanks
    maman
    I do exactly the same, save all, then if I buy them I gain, if I don't buy them I don't lose anything. I do wonder, though, if they send the same offers to everyone because the last 4 weeks I've shopped something in my offers list is unavailable. First week it was sweet pointed peppers, second week it was 6 slices of corned beef, third week 6 large free range eggs, and last week basics cauli. The shelves where these products should have been were completely empty.
    Originally posted by grumpyoldwoman
    My offers are definitely linked to recent shopping. It's crazy really because I rarely shop at Sainsburys so they're things I've bought YS or things Aldi doesn't sell. I've had samphire, fish and celeriac and cauli because there was a week when Aldi didn't have any. I'm not going to buy any of these things as even with the points I can get them cheaper elsewhere or manage without.

One thing that was ridiculous was that I was in a different branch of Sainsburys this week and couldn't connect to WiFi. I ended up going to the far end of the store near the Starbucks so that I connected to their WiFi. Thank goodness I didn't go there when I was uploading the double up voucher.
    • od244051
    • By od244051 25th Nov 19, 11:39 AM
    • 95 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    od244051
    I have a 70 point offer on my app for TTD satsumas and were sold out as down to £1. I can see why customers were buying them for 10p more than the others. Doubt these customers all got the app (or a smartphone)

Went through a self scan and saw some coupons left by the previous customer and they would have got 40 points for spending £1,80 on tinned pulses. The app gave me 40 points for buying a can of chickpeas. So you can see the app get more points for less money
    Last edited by od244051; 25-11-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,168Posts Today

6,878Users online

Martin's Twitter