Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Euphoria1z
    • By Euphoria1z 2nd Oct 18, 5:44 PM
    • 944Posts
    • 209Thanks
    Euphoria1z
    0 WOW
    Best ready made cheese sauce?
    • 2nd Oct 18, 5:44 PM
    0 WOW
    Best ready made cheese sauce? 2nd Oct 18 at 5:44 PM
    Hi

Just wondering if any one has recommendations for a good ready made cheese sauce to be used for pasta bake/macaroni?

I know most will suggest to make it ourselves but we have tried several recipes and it just comes out tasting tasteless , bland and lumpy-

I'm considering buying Asda / Waitrose cheese sauce (comes in a tub). Any one tried it and is it any good? or maybe the packet ones?

Thanks
Page 2
    • BrassicWoman
    • By BrassicWoman 11th Oct 18, 6:44 PM
    • 2,252 Posts
    • 8,679 Thanks
    BrassicWoman
    I donít think s/he is reading what I wrote

And Iím loving being told that butter is a fat
    Originally posted by suki1964

I make a roux with the butter and flour, then add the milk.

I think the poster is saying she chucks it all in together, which is not the same thing - so no need to laugh?
    May 19 grocery challenge £100.79/ £200
    • mrsjanebanbury2009
    • By mrsjanebanbury2009 18th Oct 18, 1:17 PM
    • 112 Posts
    • 163 Thanks
    mrsjanebanbury2009
    If it's too bland, add half a teaspoon of vegetable stock powder (or I'm sure chicken would work too) It's a miracle worker!
    • hoangmen
    • By hoangmen 18th Oct 18, 7:00 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hoangmen
    Yes, flour and fat - butter is fat. Chefs use flour and butter for their roux.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,430Posts Today

7,651Users online

Martin's Twitter