Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 92
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 11th Nov 19, 1:24 PM
    • 4,873 Posts
    • 2,858 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    For those pesky "new customers only" deals, it might be of interest to know that NowTV broadband are offering an extended cooling off period of 31 days from connection. This could be a way to get a stop-gap supplier for a few days, then being able to sign up for a new customer deal (providing this is agreeable with the suppliers "new customer" definition).
    Originally posted by anothermoneysaver
    New customers are usually defined as being away for at least 12 months.

I'm not a fan of doing this either as it is unfair on the companies involved. It's also subject to mistakes and ending up with 2 suppliers, one of which will want paying off in full.
    • bettz
    • By bettz 12th Nov 19, 4:56 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    bettz
    I've 2 days in which i can leave plusnet but im trying to hold on till Black Friday to see what deals are about so the nowTV deal might be good for me although im looking at the post office & dare i say it TalkTalk although that's an 18month contract
    Last edited by bettz; 12-11-2019 at 5:53 PM.
    • DIXYDEAN
    • By DIXYDEAN 25th Nov 19, 10:54 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DIXYDEAN
    Dee
    I have just signed up for John Lewis Broadband and Phone line and free calls - I was with Plusnet then found out JL was Plusnet anyway. Today was supposed to be the day I went over to JL but can I find any info about this change I signed for a certain package and now it is telling me that the charges are all going up and I have not received the service yet. Can they do this and can I change to another supplier because of the changes and prices? I signed for this on this site and I need help with this. I think they make it as complicated as they possibly can.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 25th Nov 19, 12:38 PM
    • 13,571 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Contact JL and cancel .
    You may or may not incurr charges .

<but can I find any info about this change>

Usually an email to the address you used to sign up with .Plus a router in the post .
    • DIXYDEAN
    • By DIXYDEAN 25th Nov 19, 12:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    DIXYDEAN
    I have had a router in the post it is not set up yet as they said they will tell me when to set it up. It is the most confusing company I have ever dealt with they send you messages as requests and you have no idea what they are telling you - or maybe that is my age but I find them confusing. When you go on your account it says it is supplied by Plusnet and their charges are going up on 3rd Dec so why did they not tell me that before I signed up?
    • editor1
    • By editor1 3rd Dec 19, 10:50 AM
    • 282 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    editor1
    After being with Sky Broadband and Unlimited calls for three years, took the plunge to move to NowTV package - broadband & Anytime calls, I under took this change of ISP via Quidco that was offering a cash back of 90.00, meaning, after the 5 Quid Quidco charge our monthly payments have reduced from our regular 16.99 (increased to 34.00 a month once out of contract with Sky) to 10.92 a month once cash back is paid out by 1st April 2020.

Did try online Chat with Sky, they passed me on to Renewals, and, after getting rather annoyed with all the security, and knowing full well they'd not offer 16.99 again, said !!!!!! it and moved to NowTV, which is also owned by Sky.

For what we were paying Sky you can get Fibre and Anytime calls with NowTV for 18.00 a month once cash back is taken into account with either TopCashBack or Quidco, opted for Quidco for regular broadband as payout was 10 quid higher than TCB.

As a warning, Cashback payments may not arrive, however, even if this is the case, 18 quid is better than present offers from Sky, and 10.92 is a knockout.

Nearly changed to NowTV earlier in the year, but now with being out of contract and NowTV being competitive whatever way we look at it, went with NowTV.

We should be active with NowTV on 17th December, two weeks from today and Quidco Cashback has tracked - so quite happy with this deal for next 12 months and will be able to get a good Black Friday deal in 2020 if now don't keep prices low.
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 3rd Dec 19, 11:28 PM
    • 1,139 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    I've just transferred to POP Telecom from Sky. I'm paying 15.50 a month for line rental, broadband and anytime calls. With Sky, I was about to pay 22.99 a month for broadband & line rental alone.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 4th Dec 19, 5:14 AM
    • 7,083 Posts
    • 19,936 Thanks
    Doc N
    I've just transferred to POP Telecom from Sky. I'm paying 15.50 a month for line rental, broadband and anytime calls. With Sky, I was about to pay 22.99 a month for broadband & line rental alone.
    Originally posted by martinbuckley
    Looks interesting. I'm assuming that's for the 11 Mbps package? The 35 Mbps version's coming up at 29.99 for me.
    • martinbuckley
    • By martinbuckley 4th Dec 19, 7:22 AM
    • 1,139 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    martinbuckley
    Correct Doc N.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Dec 19, 10:33 AM
    • 4,873 Posts
    • 2,858 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    Originally posted by martinbuckley
    It's coming up at 18.99 for me without a calls package, is this location based or did you get a better deal elsewhere?

Edit: customer reviews aren't great BTW and even the Trustpilot ones (normally I wouldn't even bother using them) are dodgy. Almost all 5* reviews in the last 2 days, all of them mention the agent they spoke to by name? Hmmm...
    Last edited by Colin_Maybe; 04-12-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 4th Dec 19, 11:45 AM
    • 13,571 Posts
    • 6,224 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    Is their not a big thread on that supplier .
    • afmfifgh
    • By afmfifgh 4th Dec 19, 12:59 PM
    • 273 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    afmfifgh
    Now TV have been good for us and we also got a 6 month trial of NowTV with ours earlier this year when we signed up but tbh bar watching Chernobyl on it we never used it again and cancelled the NowTV trial. Internet speeds on fibre have been very good.
    • RebeccaRose13
    • By RebeccaRose13 5th Dec 19, 2:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    RebeccaRose13
    I just tried to switch to Vodafone from EE to take advantage of their low-ish deal atm. EE then offered me 19 a month for 18 months! My previous fixed rate was 21, then jumped to 32 when out of contract. Very pleased.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,915Posts Today

7,389Users online

Martin's Twitter