Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • darth2704
    • By darth2704 14th Dec 15, 9:10 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    darth2704
    Security Clearance & Bad debt
    • 14th Dec 15, 9:10 PM
    Security Clearance & Bad debt 14th Dec 15 at 9:10 PM
    Hi all

I hope someone can help

I have recently got a job as cabin crew flying for the military however have had some bad debt previously (well under 5k) and also got a fine on a train that later turned in to a conviction around a year ago but is now paid.

Does anybody know if I would pass my SC Security Clearance or should I just throw the towel in?

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Thankyou
Page 2
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 10th Sep 16, 10:05 AM
    • 6,431 Posts
    • 37,558 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Just wanted to chip in if that's ok.

I have been a member of the Armed Forces and for SC declare every little bit of financial information you can think of. If you don't they will possibly reject and make you reapply. I have seen so many people fall at this hurdle by being to embarrassed to disclose their financial history.

If you've ever been declared bankrupt or similar you wouldn't get in. My OH has a rather large debt mountain in a DMP but cannot declare himself bankrupt or similar as it would invalidate his SC.

Alias_Omega you are spot on with the three levels of clearances.

OP hope you got your SC and got the job BTW.
    Originally posted by PaceThePixie
    Bull excreata. What part of the SC form asks for financial information. I gave debt in dmp, but I do not declare this. Nor is it a bind.
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
    • gt568
    • By gt568 10th Sep 16, 3:59 PM
    • 1,849 Posts
    • 3,105 Thanks
    gt568
    Bull excreata. What part of the SC form asks for financial information. I gave debt in dmp, but I do not declare this. Nor is it a bind.
    Originally posted by Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Correct. Debt can become more of an issue with a DV though.
    Down with the signature fascists!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,543Posts Today

6,607Users online

Martin's Twitter