Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dancharnley
    i can not seem to apply for anything
    • 1st Nov 12, 3:23 PM
    i can not seem to apply for anything 1st Nov 12 at 3:23 PM
    hey am a 22 year old guy working full time and havnt stopped working since 15. i do not have credit card or loans etc. but times have become hard and i needed money for my car and i applied for a loan and got rejected. i have since applied for other forms of money and everyone says no, banks, credit card companies, provident even said no. capital one even said no. banks wont even open up a normal bank card for me. i had fraud in my name last year and since then i can not get anything what so ever. any help or answers as to why.
Page 1
  • CAB National Representative
    • 2nd Nov 12, 8:32 AM
    • 2nd Nov 12, 8:32 AM
    hey am a 22 year old guy working full time and havnt stopped working since 15. i do not have credit card or loans etc. but times have become hard and i needed money for my car and i applied for a loan and got rejected. i have since applied for other forms of money and everyone says no, banks, credit card companies, provident even said no. capital one even said no. banks wont even open up a normal bank card for me. i had fraud in my name last year and since then i can not get anything what so ever. any help or answers as to why.
    Originally posted by dancharnley
    Hi Dan - it's not clear whether you reported the fraud or not, and had a crime report number that was then used to clear the matter up with any companies involved. It may be worth contacting the Action Fraud line for their advice on this - 0800 123 2040.

You may also want to read through this information on our Adviceguide website, about how creditors decide whether to lend money or not. As this information points out, it might be worth getting a copy of your credit reference file, to see what its details are.

If you need further advice and support on this, we'd recommend contacting your local bureau.
    ďOfficial CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe Iíve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 2nd Nov 12, 10:24 AM
    • 15,364 Posts
    • 13,945 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 2nd Nov 12, 10:24 AM
    • 2nd Nov 12, 10:24 AM
    You need to get a copy of you credit file from the three credit reference agencies - Equifax, Experian and Callcredit:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/credit.aspx
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 3rd Nov 12, 1:34 PM
    • 19,673 Posts
    • 20,501 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    • 3rd Nov 12, 1:34 PM
    • 3rd Nov 12, 1:34 PM
    Do this through cashback sites such as Quidco or TCB, and you will get cashback for applying
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,250Posts Today

5,530Users online

Martin's Twitter