Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chimaera
    • By Chimaera 11th Jun 11, 3:09 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Chimaera
    Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces
    • 11th Jun 11, 3:09 PM
    Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces 11th Jun 11 at 3:09 PM
    I hope someone on here may be able to help. There was a discount available for Microsoft Office Software for members of the UK Armed Forces but I can't seem to find it. Is there one running currently as it appears to be only for US Forces.
    Many thanks!
Page 3
    • looking2save
    • By looking2save 28th Feb 15, 11:07 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    looking2save
    Is this scheme live and applicable to windows 8.1 (64 bit)?

My Dii account does not have IGS, would that be a show stopper?

Any help is always appreciated and thanks to those that spread the knowledge!
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 28th Feb 15, 11:38 AM
    • 7,263 Posts
    • 3,954 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    Try this..

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupuk/home.aspx?country_id=GB

You will need to request the program code to your work email address. Unsure if you can forward the link home, then make payment.

An option might be to "borrow" EGS username/password from a colleague/boss to enable you to progress this.
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 1st Mar 15, 4:03 PM
    • 9,739 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    I have a question about HUP
    Does the download version allow reinstallation/installation on 2 PC's - as the DVD version does......??
    If not - then I recommend the extra 11 for the DVD backup software.
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 1st Mar 15, 9:32 PM
    • 7,263 Posts
    • 3,954 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    Download version, transfer to a USB stick/device and install away.

After a few activations, your limit has been exceeded, however you just need to give them a ring...

"Of course in uninstalled it from that PC..."

• GregoryR042
    Hi,
    I've just done this from my ArmyNet account 8.29p + tax = 9.95

Works fine and is the latest version. Beats 89 annually! :-)
    • Certafide
    • By Certafide 17th Nov 15, 6:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Certafide
    Is this facility still available for download?
    Is MS Office still discounted for HM Forces?
    • Trying to be good
    • By Trying to be good 18th Nov 15, 11:25 AM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 2,431 Thanks
    Trying to be good
    Yes, still available to anyone with a DII account.
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
    • tocsin
    • By tocsin 8th Feb 16, 4:24 PM
    • 173 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    tocsin
    Just noticed that the HUP is highlighted again on the Defence Gateway main page - scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, after the sites list.
    • imp566
    • By imp566 6th Nov 16, 7:45 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imp566
    Can I transfer my MS Office (MOD discounted version) to my new laptop, or do I have to buy again?
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 6th Nov 16, 8:51 AM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Can I transfer my MS Office (MOD discounted version) to my new laptop, or do I have to buy again?
    Originally posted by imp566
    Yes you can. You might have a problem with the serial since MS system will see it registered on too many machines but a quick 0800 phonecall normally solves that

Or there again as 2010 is 2 versions old they might not even care
    • imp566
    • By imp566 6th Nov 16, 8:53 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    imp566
    Thank you! I'll try it, although I may just try to buy an up to date version if they are still offering a similar deal.
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 8th Nov 16, 11:05 AM
    • 9,739 Posts
    • 2,627 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Do you not mean Pro Plus 2016 rather than 2010 ?
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 10th Nov 16, 12:59 PM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    unforeseen
    Do you not mean Pro Plus 2016 rather than 2010 ?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    No. Poster is wanting to install the Office 2010 that he obtained a few years ago to a new PC.
    • Navybhoy
    • By Navybhoy 10th Dec 16, 10:04 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Navybhoy
    I saw this plugged on the 'My Navy The Offer' page so I thought I'd look at trying to get take advantage of this offer.

Must say I'm really disappointed in that you enter your defence gateway email address as the username but the product key gets sent to your mod address?!?! Whose stupid idea was that?

For those of us who aren't assigned to a billet with a specific DII role it seems you have no chance of taking them up on this because your mod account gets deactivated as soon so you leave a job. Great time to be on a 12 month + career course and not a cat in hells chance of getting my account back up and running!

Not sure if this a tri-service issue or not, naturally I assume it's just the Navy trying to save money as per.

Presumably the code that gets sent is just a generic code? If so, anyone fancy doing it for me?
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 11th Dec 16, 5:33 PM
    • 4,319 Posts
    • 5,771 Thanks
    unforeseen
    You should still have your personal .mod.uk address but the role address obviously stays with the new incumbent of the role.

If you can still log on to DII then, apart from some rare circumstances, you will also have an email address tied in with your login totally independent of any role(s) that you have.
    • Navybhoy
    • By Navybhoy 11th Dec 16, 7:24 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Navybhoy
    Your absolutely right unforeseen I should have access but I don't. My account is now disabled and moribund.

Went to the iHub on base the other day and they said I have to chase up the admin guys in my previous job to get my account re-enabled and moved to the site I'm in now. Bit of a joke if you ask me and it's the typical can't do attitude that !!!!es me right off!

Even more frustrating is that I have done AD & LSO recently and know for a fact how relatively simple my problem is.
    • tocsin
    • By tocsin 10th May 17, 4:18 PM
    • 173 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    tocsin
    Just a heads-up that the HUP is suffering from a 'glitch'

The order page is showing the programme is invalid. MoD are 'currently investigating this issue and will provide a resolution in due course' (from Defence Connect).

(One problem with 2016 is that the product key is stored on your order page, so can be zapped at any point, even after you have purchased it)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,918Posts Today

7,352Users online

Martin's Twitter