Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Was this tip useful to you?

Yes

83.33% • 5 votes

No

16.67% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

6 votes in total.

Page 5
  • bjor1978
    Hi All,

First thanks to Addy for the contact details unfortunately he was booked up.

So instead I used Stansted Mountfitchet.

Trains are regular and take 5 minutes to get to the airport.
    A return train ticket costs 3,50 per adult.
    Parking - You can park at the railway station in Mountfitchet, but I chose to p#ark on street. Using multimap (www.multimap.com) or google maps (www.maps.google.com) you can get a street plan and explore. I parked on Sunnyside - lesas than 2 mins walk to the station. No parking restrictions and seemed a quiet street.

Bkasically parking at Stansted Mountfitchet was fine for me, a real cheap aslternative to airport parking. Consider the costs of train tickets vs car parks if you have a full car, and it may not be for people who are worried about on street parking.

Hope this helps.
    • from_suffolk
    • By from_suffolk 21st May 05, 7:33 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    from_suffolk
    [QUOTE=albalad]for bcp car parks use code "bn221" for a 15% discount on all pre-booked stays until 31/10/05
    www.bcponline.co.uk

Thank you I've just saved 16 booking for Luton.
    Waddle you do eh?
    • baffcat
    • By baffcat 25th May 05, 12:43 AM
    • 497 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    baffcat
    Heathrow
    I can't vouch for any of their other parks, but http://www.aph.com was 75 as opposed to 100+ from all the other sites I looked at, for 15 days July/August at Heathrow.

I use airport carparks quite a bit, and this has been the cheapest by far.

Baff
    Exclamation and question marks - ONE exclamation mark or question mark is sufficient to exclaim or ask about something. More than one just makes you look/sound like a prat.
    Should OF, would OF
    . Dear oh dear. You really should have, or should've listened at school when that nice English teacher was explaining how words get abbreviated.
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 25th May 05, 12:25 PM
    • 3,066 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    If you are a member of the AA you can get 10% off the aph rates. Go to the AA home page (aa.com) then search for "airport parking" for the link.
  • Reynarda
    LHR Terminal 4 cheapest parking
    Anyone recommend a car park nearest to Terminal 4 for heathrow? Cheapest? Best? Thanks, Jo
    • Backbiter
    • By Backbiter 28th May 05, 9:02 PM
    • 1,338 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    Backbiter
    Purple Parking is highly recommended. You can also use Tesco clubcard vouchers to save75% (Clubcard deals).

http://www.purpleparking.com/
  • Woody
    For info: Cheapest Parking at Stansted
    Folk,
    To save you lots of searching, I read all the articles here on parking at Stansted and checked prices for my own 10 day stay in mid August. The results were:

https://secure.parking4less.co.uk stansted Valet parking 80
    http://www.Travelextras.com (Pink Elephant) 71
    All other web sites giving Bishops Stortford Football club (BSFC) at 70
    http://www.aph.com/offers/airport_parking.htm (BSFC) 63
    http://www.bcponline.co.uk using code bn221 59 (BSFC)

Hope this is useful,
    Woody.
    • Fortyfoot
    • By Fortyfoot 1st Jun 05, 11:23 AM
    • 1,872 Posts
    • 916 Thanks
    Fortyfoot
    Humberside
    Cheap parking and B&B, close to the airport.
    "Blink Bonney" Tel 01652680610, or 07708259603
    Fortyfoot
  • cosmile
    i dont live to far from gatwick and i have an off street parking drive going spare for a small fee lol
    • grownup1
    • By grownup1 3rd Jun 05, 11:17 PM
    • 268 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    grownup1
    Hi Alex
    My car was fine at Stansted mountfitchett for a few days but the station staff I talked to seemed dubious about safety when I talked to them. I didn't note whether there were cameras but the car park is long and strung out away from the station buildings. I'd park in SM again but would probably try street parking (thanks bjor1978).
    • Stabilo
    • By Stabilo 5th Jun 05, 1:31 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    Stabilo
    Airport Parking - up to 48 hours extra for free
    Please note that although you may think a day lasts 24 hours at least some of the discount airport parking businesses consider a day to be just 30 minutes long.

East Midlands 23.30pm Fri 17th June to Sat 00.30am 25th June, to me this is just over 7 days to Holidays Extras and Travel Extras it is 9 full days.

i.e. any part of any day is considered a full day. Therefore I have booked from 00.30 Fri 17th June to Sat 23.30am 25th June for the same price.

I assume this is the same at most airports, therefore why not give yourself up to 48 hours extra shopping / leisure time with 'free' parking.

As posted by picasso this site http://www.simplyparking.co.uk/ really does provide excellent comparisons. Booked the EMA parking at 54.00 with Holiday Extras then went back to them (after checking simplyparking) with Travel Extras 46.98 (as Holiday Extras price match) for the 7.02 credit.
    • pompeyrich
    • By pompeyrich 12th Jun 05, 7:43 PM
    • 3,066 Posts
    • 3,087 Thanks
    pompeyrich
    Please note that although you may think a day lasts 24 hours at least some of the discount airport parking businesses consider a day to be just 30 minutes long.

East Midlands 23.30pm Fri 17th June to Sat 00.30am 25th June, to me this is just over 7 days to Holidays Extras and Travel Extras it is 9 full days.

i.e. any part of any day is considered a full day. Therefore I have booked from 00.30 Fri 17th June to Sat 23.30am 25th June for the same price.

I assume this is the same at most airports, therefore why not give yourself up to 48 hours extra shopping / leisure time with 'free' parking.
    by Stabilo
    Wouldn't it have been better to have booked 00:00 sat 18th til 23:55 fri 24th and paid 2 days les rather than hang around the Airport for 45 hours or so just cos its "free" !!
    Last edited by pompeyrich; 12-06-2005 at 7:46 PM.
    • Stabilo
    • By Stabilo 12th Jun 05, 8:02 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 85 Thanks
    Stabilo
    pompeyrich, I would miss the plane if I did as you suggest :-)

Flight is approx 23:00 Fri night, returns approx 06:00 following Saturday
    • bramval
    • By bramval 13th Jun 05, 12:50 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    bramval
    Newcastle Airport
    We are flying next month from Newcastle for the first time. I have had a look around the various websites and have seen the usual on- and off-airport offers but I wonder whether anyone knows if there are any local sites (farms etc) where parking is offered.
    • phague
    • By phague 28th Jun 05, 7:10 PM
    • 756 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    phague
    Hello,

Thank you for the 15% code for BCP.

I have just saved for parking at Doncaster Airport.

When I looked before (few months ago) no-one else was offering parking there, only thomsonfly and the airport website, but the airport is now on a few others. All coming up with the same price, so thanks again for the code for the discount.

Anyone wanting to book for parking at Doncaster - Some of the sites have it listed as Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield, although no-one I know around Sheffield ever calls it that !!!!!
  • dejoxy
    Gatwick street/road parking
    Hello all, I'd be travelling from Gatwick airport for a week in September, and was wondering if anyone knew what roads near Gatwick I could park on safely. I've PM'd the two people who mentioned parking on roads, but haven't had any replies so far. Can anyone help please? Thanks.
    • page_e
    • By page_e 3rd Jul 05, 10:58 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    page_e
    Hi,
    I'm looking for parking at or near to Luton airport for 15 days.
    I can get a taxi from where i live for 45 each way, So i'm looking for cheaper then 90.
    Help please
  • petethebottle
    stansted parking
    Just to confirm, I'm still happy to pass details on via PM to anybody interested in using this guy. I don't monitor this thread, so please do PM me.
    by Addy
    Dear`Addy

Your guy sounds so good he must be constantly full up, but just in case, I'd be very grteful for his contact details

Pete the bottle
    • murphydavid
    • By murphydavid 6th Jul 05, 10:37 AM
    • 635 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    murphydavid
    Gatwick parking. Best I can find is www.gatwickparking.net (Maple Manor) Meet and Greet for 5.00 a day or part day + 2.50 supplement for out of hours meet. This may be of use and thought I would see if anyone had found anything better recently before I book it.
  • wendyf
    Manchester Parking
    Just thought i'd recommend Stronghold parking to anyone flying from Manchester Airport.
    After a lot of research for a good deal managed to park there for about 24 for one week. It was easy to find and only a 15/20 minute drive from airport.
    On the way back we phoned them to get collected and they were there within 2 minutes.
    Hope it helps someone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,641Posts Today

6,618Users online

Martin's Twitter