Disappointing Dyson Service & Replacement Vacuum recommendations

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Reading the posts praising other brands, I have the feeling that Dyson have over reached their mantra of "We are the best which is why we are the most expensive"

From the position of lauding their battery power range with prices up to £500, they are now heavily TV promoting the Mini Ball upright cleaner which is mains powered and costs £200, but even with this the Advertising Standards Authority has rapped their knuckles for false claims on the reach of the ceiling wand
  • In my humble opinion, I think that the Dyson bolt has most certainly been shot and the brand is now relying solely on past reputation.
    A personal opinion only which I am perfectly entitled to have.:)
  • Regardless of the Dyson versus other brands debate, surely the most moneysaving option for the OP is to keep his existing vacuum going for as long as possible? While this might cost £70, that's far cheaper than a brand new Shark or Miele etc..

The very cheap versions available from supermarkets are also an option, even though they may not last as long as some of the expensive brands being recommended here..
  • The_Biff
    The_Biff Posts: 406
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I will never buy Dyson products. He moved his manufacturing fron the UK to Singapore & closed his UK factory. If he is so disloyal to the UK then I am to Dyson.
    Nice to save.
  • Interestingly, the chaps at our local tip tell me they get more Dysons disposed of than any other make...
  • Interestingly, the chaps at our local tip tell me they get more Dysons disposed of than any other make...
    Could that be because it's the best-selling brand? :D
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,156
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We fell for the Dyson hype, I suppose same as some people fall for the Kirby hype. The only difference is that a Dyson is just overpriced overhyped plastic tat. We replaced the Dyson with the far superior Henry vacuum cleaner, which was less than half the price, cheaper consumables and cleans noticeably better.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Could that be because it's the best-selling brand? :D

It may well be, but then it’s also the brand where people most quickly realise they’ve fallen for the hype, it’s actually a bit crap, and they need to go and buy a proper vacuum cleaner.
  • I didn't want a rechargeable Dyson and well, they don't do any others now.
    It's still perfectly possible to buy a corded Dyson. The company have simply decided to concentrate future development on rechargeable vacuums.
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2019 at 12:05AM
    Dyesoon used to be good, until they moved the manufacture to Malaysia. I bought an upright in 2002 (when they used to make them in the UK), I had no problem with it at all, I've read about constant issues with the new ones though. When Dyson turned out to be a Brexiter in 2015/2016 (it seriously lasted this long) I tried to kill it off as I couldn't justify buying a new cleaner but the stupid thing just kept going and going, I filled it with soot from the log burner but the bloomin thing just carried on working. I eventually caved in due to anger, and gave it away. I replaced it with a Miele and it's a thousand times better. I wouldn't buy another Dyson product, ever!! Don't believe the hype, don't fund the CEO's delusions (and his luxury penthouse flat in the far east).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure