Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 67
    • harz99
    • By harz99 15th Aug 16, 11:32 PM
    • 2,974 Posts
    • 2,976 Thanks
    harz99
    Hello

Just played the renewal game with plusnet retension dept

Managed to get offer :-

unlimited fibre (38mb) for 10 a month for 18 months ( instead of 14.99 a month) saving 89.92

free 6 months of anytime calls (6.50 a month ) saving 39

free HUB one

Does this sound a fair deal ?

Cheers
    Originally posted by meat_n2_reg

Very similar to what they gave me. Just mine was 7.50 a month Fibre 38mb for 18 months, no free calls. They wouldn't better that though they did waive the postage on the router - worth going back to them and seeing if they'll better your offer, if not ask for the router postage free (if they are charging you).
    • meat_n2_reg
    • By meat_n2_reg 17th Aug 16, 4:00 PM
    • 137 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    meat_n2_reg
    re
    Managed to get free p@p jobs a good un , sorted for next 18 months
    • brown123
    • By brown123 18th Aug 16, 3:41 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    brown123
    Hi, help please.

I am with BT fibre broadband and now I finish contract.

I just find out Plusnet would only let me switch to their fibre broadband only.

Could anyone kindly share how to switch from fibre broadband back to broadband? Thanks in advance
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 18th Aug 16, 3:44 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 4,587 Thanks
    csgohan4
    Hi, help please.

I am with BT fibre broadband and now I finish contract.

I just find out Plusnet would only let me switch to their fibre broadband only.

Could anyone kindly share how to switch from fibre broadband back to broadband? Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by brown123

Cancel your BT fibre and and set up as a new customer for regular broadband with Plusnet
    • brown123
    • By brown123 18th Aug 16, 5:01 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    brown123
    Cancel your BT fibre and and set up as a new customer for regular broadband with Plusnet
    Originally posted by csgohan4

Plusnet only offer fibre broadband switch and that is very expensive
    I try to have the cash offer with their broadband instead

unless I pay for a new phone line (new phone number)
    Last edited by brown123; 18-08-2016 at 5:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    • MoneyMate
    • By MoneyMate 18th Aug 16, 6:51 PM
    • 3,032 Posts
    • 13,711 Thanks
    MoneyMate
    Plusnet only offer fibre broadband switch and that is very expensive
    I try to have the cash offer with their broadband instead

unless I pay for a new phone line (new phone number)
    Top Cash Back offers
    https://www.topcashback.co.uk/search/merchants/?s=Plusnet+Broadband
    There are more questions than answers
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times
    UK Resident
    • Curly
    • By Curly 18th Aug 16, 7:53 PM
    • 385 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    Curly
    so im currently with SKY but out of contract so retentions has asked why im leaving and what deal im getting, Vodaphone 22 up to 38Mbps

so the offered
    10 broadband up to 38Mbps (minimum 34.8mbps)
    10 line rental

20 per month for 12 month contract

i also added on unlimited calls to 01,02,03,08, numbers plus free mobiles for 59 mins that was an extra 4 normaly 8 but got it half price

Total of 24 per month or 288 plus there is no activation fee like vodafone had over all i think i did very well

They also offered me the 76Mbps for 30 or 34 with the calls
    If you want to get with me there's some things you got to know,
    I like my beats fast and my base down low
    • iansp
    • By iansp 20th Aug 16, 6:07 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    iansp
    As a long-standing customer, I have just spoken to a Plusnet advisor who swears to me that the absolute best he, or anyone else can do, is 10 per month plus line rental, which would be 27.99 per month.

There was nobody more senior there who could do any more, he couldn't even shave another quid off.
    • bednim
    • By bednim 21st Aug 16, 10:20 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    bednim
    Hi everyone, has anyone on here took new vodafone broadband deal either 38 or 72mbps?
    How is their broadband working in reality?
    Do you know if they shape traffic?
    Thanks a lot!
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 21st Aug 16, 11:53 AM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 4,587 Thanks
    csgohan4
    Hi everyone, has anyone on here took new vodafone broadband deal either 38 or 72mbps?
    How is their broadband working in reality?
    Do you know if they shape traffic?
    Thanks a lot!
    Originally posted by bednim

Their deal looks interesting and no they have no traffic management at present.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/network-and-coverage/traffic-management/

Will certainly use their offers to haggle with Sky next time.
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 21st Aug 16, 11:54 AM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 4,587 Thanks
    csgohan4
    As a long-standing customer, I have just spoken to a Plusnet advisor who swears to me that the absolute best he, or anyone else can do, is 10 per month plus line rental, which would be 27.99 per month.

There was nobody more senior there who could do any more, he couldn't even shave another quid off.
    Originally posted by iansp

Your better off switching to another provider who have better deals at present
    • iansp
    • By iansp 21st Aug 16, 1:02 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    iansp
    I'm broadly happy with Plusnet - and the best Talk Talk can do is 26.45 + 50 fee. Which comes to 526.10 over an 18 month deal.

I can get 9.99 + 17.99 from Plusnet with no fee which comes to 503.65

I've tried to play the game a but - so I have bitten the bullet and signed up for another 18 months at 9.99. (9.99*18=179.82)

I have also paid line rental up front for a year, which reduces the price to 15.45 for 12 months then back to 17.99 for the remaining 6.
    (15.45*12=185.40 + 17.99*6=107.94 Total=293.34)

That gives me a total of 473.16 which /18 = 26.28 per month average.

As I also get 1.25 referral discount, this takes my monthly cost down to 25.03 and reduces the overall cost to 450.54.

I reckon that's as good as I can get at the moment for up to 52mbps plus evening and weekend calls.

NB: The link for existing plusnet users to get the 9.99 deal is here: plus.net/campaigns/recontract/FibreDualBBChange/2016fibre999

I'd try to do the line rental thing before it goes up in September...
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 21st Aug 16, 5:26 PM
    • 7,081 Posts
    • 19,935 Thanks
    Doc N
    Their deal looks interesting and no they have no traffic management at present.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/network-and-coverage/traffic-management/

Will certainly use their offers to haggle with Sky next time.
    Originally posted by csgohan4
    I'd be wary about that - simply because they're using Daisy to provide their service.

SSE also use Daisy and make similar claims about traffic shaping. In reality, though, speeds drop in the evening by as much as 80% - so much so that BBC iPlayer can be unusable.

It's not traffic shaping, they say. Simply lack of capacity. And if Daisy don't have sufficient capacity to handle SSE customers, how bad is it going to be once they've added Vodafone to their stable? And I use the word 'stable' advisedly.
    • Gordy82
    • By Gordy82 21st Aug 16, 7:36 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gordy82
    Sky Deal
    Ive been with Talk talk for years because they always gave me a good deal. However when i went to renew my package for tv Phone and broad band they had nothing to offer.
    I got a deal from Sky which i thought was excellent 27.40 for basic Sky tv, line rental, unlimited calls and fibre broadband all for a 1 year deal. I used to have sky tv but ditched them and went with talk talk last year. I have found out I have to pay 9 for delivery of my router but no big deal.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 21st Aug 16, 9:48 PM
    • 8,757 Posts
    • 5,487 Thanks
    buglawton
    I'm broadly happy with Plusnet - and the best Talk Talk can do is 26.45 + 50 fee. Which comes to 526.10 over an 18 month deal.

I can get 9.99 + 17.99 from Plusnet with no fee which comes to 503.65

I've tried to play the game a but - so I have bitten the bullet and signed up for another 18 months at 9.99. (9.99*18=179.82)

I have also paid line rental up front for a year, which reduces the price to 15.45 for 12 months then back to 17.99 for the remaining 6.
    (15.45*12=185.40 + 17.99*6=107.94 Total=293.34)

That gives me a total of 473.16 which /18 = 26.28 per month average.

As I also get 1.25 referral discount, this takes my monthly cost down to 25.03 and reduces the overall cost to 450.54.

I reckon that's as good as I can get at the moment for up to 52mbps plus evening and weekend calls.

NB: The link for existing plusnet users to get the 9.99 deal is here: plus.net/campaigns/recontract/FibreDualBBChange/2016fibre999

I'd try to do the line rental thing before it goes up in September...
    Originally posted by iansp
    I'm looking for a broadband deal to recommend to a tenant who's on a Shorthold Tenancy. Would've recommended Plusnet except they don't seem to offer any decent deal with less than an 18 month lock-in.

BT have a 12 month offer, but has anyone heard of Tentel who offer a monthly rolling contract?
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 21st Aug 16, 9:52 PM
    • 695 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    anactuary
    I think Now TV does contracts with no minimum term although there's a setup fee. It's basically Sky line rental and broadband.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 21st Aug 16, 10:00 PM
    • 8,757 Posts
    • 5,487 Thanks
    buglawton
    I've seen that and it's a natural choice if you need Sky content, a bit expensive so I didn't recommend it so far.
    • brown123
    • By brown123 23rd Aug 16, 6:15 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    brown123
    thanks, however my problem is not about cash offer

I want to switch from fibre to normal broadband and Plusnet would not let me do that

I don't want to switch to plusnet fibre as the deal is not good

I try to ask if anyone here has the experience to switch from fibre back to normal broadband
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 23rd Aug 16, 6:37 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 4,587 Thanks
    csgohan4
    thanks, however my problem is not about cash offer

I want to switch from fibre to normal broadband and Plusnet would not let me do that

I don't want to switch to plusnet fibre as the deal is not good

I try to ask if anyone here has the experience to switch from fibre back to normal broadband

Then why not cancel your current fibre and set up a new broadband with the new provider?
    • flyer
    • By flyer 24th Aug 16, 4:24 PM
    • 2,017 Posts
    • 1,351 Thanks
    flyer
    EE have released me from my contract so I need to find another provider. I have looked at BT Infinity 1 but have a couple of questions

1. Am I reading right that it's a 12 month contract for 28.99 per month and I get a 125 reward card and 116 Topcashback?
    2. Monthly usage is limited to 25GB. I don't actually understand what this means. I use the internet mainly for browsing, e mails and the occasional music download. Will I be OK?

TIA
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,523Posts Today

7,885Users online

Martin's Twitter