Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    • 5,791Posts
    • 37,638Thanks
    Kaz2904
    RAF Waddington?
    • 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    RAF Waddington? 22nd Mar 09 at 7:48 PM
    This is a really really long shot!
    I've been up to RAF Waddington for the weekend to see my sons Godfather. Unfortunately on Saturday my son left his scruffy looking yellow (grey) teddy bear in the park (The one nearest the front gate). When we realised it was there we went back but it had gone. I have been round and round the camp looking for Owen (The teddy) but couldn't find it. I think one of the children who were playing in the park may have taken it home and then it been slung in the bin.
    My son is devastated- he's not spent a night apart from this blasted teddy in 5.5 years. They aren't made any more so I can't replace it either. I've just put him to bed in tears again because he's lost his friend.

If anyone lives or works (or knows anyone who does) on camp please could you keep your eyes peeled. If you find him then please pm me or look in the spar shop for the notice which will give you our friends phone number.

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and if we manage to find Owen then I think I will love you forever!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Laura; 31-03-2009 at 6:31 PM.
Page 4
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 28th Sep 13, 2:13 AM
    • 5,791 Posts
    • 37,638 Thanks
    Kaz2904
    Having just mistakenly clicked on "threads started by Kaz2904" rather than subscribed threads, I happily say the new answer.
    I am happy to report that DS is now almost 10 (December) and Owen still sleeps on his bed. Owen went on his (and DS's) first cub camp early last year and he loved it. He has since been on more and has acquired new smells and stains to vouch for that.
    Owen is very much a part of our family and I think DH would move heaven and earth to find him should he ever go walkies again (probably more to shut me up than anyone else!).

Our friends are still at Waddington and now have a lovely little fella of their own. If he ever loses his teddy, I think he's in safe hands with Waddington .

Thanks so much for the rewind in time and the smile
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT 92727.75 49395.47 43332.28 repaid 100.77% of 43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt 52856.59 6316.14 46540.45 repaid 101.17% of 46000 target.

2013 Target: completely clear my 6316.14 0 mortgage debt. 6316.14 100% repaid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

287Posts Today

2,172Users online

Martin's Twitter