Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • bricklayer1
    • By bricklayer1 6th Nov 12, 4:22 PM
    • 188Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Incapacity/ESA refused
    • #1
    • 6th Nov 12, 4:22 PM
    Incapacity/ESA refused 6th Nov 12 at 4:22 PM
    hi, after the face to face assesement for IB/ESA transfer I failed the ESA transfer.
    Ive been on IB long term contribution based for over 15 years with my problems.
    A couple of years ago I had to claim as a couple for my partner due to them becoming unemployed.
    Ive been recieving Income Support to top up my IB to around 150 p/w for both of us.
    Because of the failed assesemnt Im appealing this and ive been told I will get 111 p/w for both of us.
    We are losing Income Support and will be down 40 p/w due to this.
    I would like to know if there is another way to be able to claim a means tested allowance as I fear we wont get by on this.

    Last edited by bricklayer1; 06-11-2012 at 4:34 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,656Posts Today

7,852Users online

Martin's Twitter