Floating days at work

Hi I work a five day week at work and we only get 17 floating days paid off at work a year this is not including bank and public holidays these 17 floating days can be taken at your own choosing if you include the 8 public holidays that totals to 25 days paid leave in one year is this right by law I thought it was 28 days any info on this will be very helpfull thank you

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The legal minimum holiday entitlement is 5.6 weeks, so as you are working a 5 day week that does indeed mean you are entitled to 28 days. This can include public holidays.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

Are you a new employee? If the 17 days are referred to as floating that suggests to me that there may also be some holiday that has to be taken at a fixed time, perhaps at a Christmas close down.
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Arman123 wrote: »
    Hi I work a five day week at work and we only get 17 floating days paid off at work a year this is not including bank and public holidays these 17 floating days can be taken at your own choosing if you include the 8 public holidays that totals to 25 days paid leave in one year is this right by law I thought it was 28 days any info on this will be very helpfull thank you

Hi Arman123 - we've got some information about holidays and paid holidays on our Adviceguide website, and it's going to depend on the Ts&Cs of your contract. If you need further help on this, we'd recommend contacting your local bureau - and it would be useful to have your contract to hand when you speak/meet with an adviser.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure