Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    • 60Posts
    • 30Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    Advice welcomed
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:26 PM
    Advice welcomed 11th Aug 18 at 4:26 PM
    Having received a PCN from Excel parking in late Feb this year I must have read this forum a 1000 times I thought I would join the great community here in readiness for the potential court stages I may face.

So I received the PCN which was NTK and sent back the reply/s as suggested on here, I,ve played a little letter Ping-Pong with them with my last one asking them to comply with PAP. This resulted in them sending me 2 DRP letters?? for 160 and the latest one offering me a reduced amount of 136 (how very kind). my question is do they have to comply with PAP at this stage or rather why have they completely ignored my letter and moved my alleged debt onto DRP??. I get what people are advising on here about completely ignoring the toothless debt hasslers but do I bother to write again asking why they haven't complied with PAP or just wait till I potentially get the LBA.
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 11th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 37,208 Posts
    • 83,934 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:33 PM
    As far as I am aware, PAP applies to a court claim, nothing else. I'm not sure if it applies to a LBA, but if you are still at debt crawler stage then it doesn't apply.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 11-08-2018 at 6:27 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    • 36,843 Posts
    • 20,981 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:46 PM
    You look to have missed at least 2 relevant posts.

#4 in the newbies FAQ thread

And this one that urges no new threads about letters from debt collectors;

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Last edited by Quentin; 11-08-2018 at 5:34 PM.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    • 8,673 Posts
    • 8,586 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:49 PM
    My understanding is that the Pre-Action Protocols have no real significance until a Letter of Claim is issued.
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:50 PM
    Thanks Fruitcake, I don't know either if PAP applies to LBA or LBCCC but I am right (I think) that I need to send a robust reply if I receive any LBA or LBCCC, maybe that's where full compliance with PAP comes into force, somebody on here will know 100% for sure.
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 4:53 PM
    oops, sorry about that Quentin I have read this forum a lot believe me so I,m surprised I,ve missed anything obvious, nevertheless I will carry on reading and keep my questions to a minimum.
    Thought it might be useful though to start my own thread for later help I may need with court defence etc
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Aug 18, 5:23 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:23 PM
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:23 PM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the House of Commons recently

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41 recently.

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 5:34 PM
    • 36,843 Posts
    • 20,981 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Aug 18, 5:34 PM
    ..Thought it might be useful though to start my own thread for later help I may need with court defence etc
    Originally posted by onlyfoolsandparking
    Not really - your title doesn't reflect that this is a "holding" thread for you to possibly use in the future!

Starting your own thread like this "just in case" isn't fair on others with issues needing advice - yours pushes theirs down the page unnecessarily

The whole idea of the forum is that it is DIY - with advice from the stickies

Lets hope you haven't started a new trend!
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 5:34 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    I completely agree with you and I know all about the private members bill Sir Greg Knight is leading, lets hope he succeeds with it. I did email my local MP and didn't get very far.

Unfortunately the courts are only going to be interested in "Contract Law" where I might have to get involved with them so I,m preparing my defence based around current legislation, its the only way I will win.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Aug 18, 5:41 PM
    • 9,968 Posts
    • 9,765 Thanks
    The Deep
    I did email my local MP and didn't get very far.

Send him a letter, it carries far more wright than an email imo.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 6:04 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    Yes a letter may have more impact I will try that, thanks

Quentin: I too hope I haven't started a new trend and if I have it certainly wont have been intentional. I don't believe my title constitutes a "Holding thread" if you read when I received my PCN (late Feb) its not far off 6 months and this is the first time ive posted!! I couldn't find an answer to my question, it may be there but this forum is that big I,ve not found that answer in the nearly 6 months I,ve reading on here but thanks for your reply.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 6:08 PM
    • 36,843 Posts
    • 20,981 Thanks
    Quentin
    Your question was answered in #2 above

But the newbies thread #4 does make it very clear that you actually had no question to ask!

You are advised there to totally ignore debt collectors!
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 6:25 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    Yes and I have ignored ALL debt collector letters and will continue to do so but my question still remains or should I say I haven't read or indeed found anything that directs me.

Do I write to the PPC asking why they are not complying with PAP or wait to receive a LBA or LBCCC then write to the PPC, I cant find an answer to this, I,m absolutely not interested in corresponding with debt collectors, its not as black and white to us newbies as it is seasoned posters.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Aug 18, 6:27 PM
    • 36,843 Posts
    • 20,981 Thanks
    Quentin
    There is no pap until you get to the start of legal proceedings.

You don't mention that you have yet!

You look to be in the debt collectors stage!
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Aug 18, 6:34 PM
    • 8,134 Posts
    • 10,673 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I,m absolutely not interested in corresponding with debt collectors, its not as black and white to us newbies as it is seasoned posters.
    Originally posted by onlyfoolsandparking
    About debt collectors it is Black and white .... IGNORE THEM
    AND THEN IGNORE THEM AGAIN

Debt Collectors (DRP & ZZPS) What they don't want you to know

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74633409#post74633409
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 11th Aug 18, 6:35 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    Thank you for that Quentin, yes I am in the debt collector stage and yes your right I have not received LBA or LBCCC yet but I guess its coming because of who the PPC is, just my luck to get one of the more litigious ones, anyway thanks for giving me the answer I was looking for
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 15th Aug 18, 1:43 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    My PCN from end of Feb 2018
    Hi, I am still at the the "Newbie" stage although I have been reading here for 6 months now. I hope not to ask pointless questions and will deal with court claim if it comes.

I wanted to know a while back IF?? my PCN looked POFA compliant and tried to upload it without success (I am definitely not computer literate), well here goes again. I know about the XX rather that tt.

Hxxps://postimg.cc/image/9Ic8rt5fp/ hopefully I redacted it correctly and the reverse side Hxxps://posting.cc/image/rbdcuyg5/

Edit: theres another link Hxxps://postimg.cc/gallery/esxzsvgm/ maybe that's the correct one???

If it doesn't work so be it I tried
    Last edited by onlyfoolsandparking; 15-08-2018 at 2:08 PM. Reason: Correct the links
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 15th Aug 18, 1:50 PM
    • 37,208 Posts
    • 83,934 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    If this is to do with your other thread, please post your query there after editing this one and the title that it is in the wrong place.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 15th Aug 18, 1:55 PM
    • 2,996 Posts
    • 1,869 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Something wrong with your links. I can convert them to valid links to postimg but the ident numbers produce a error 404
    • onlyfoolsandparking
    • By onlyfoolsandparking 15th Aug 18, 1:56 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    onlyfoolsandparking
    If this is to do with your other thread, please post your query there after editing this one and the title that it is in the wrong place.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake

I thought I was supposed to start a new thread?? I can post this on my earlier thread I guess. Would it be easier just to delete this one and post on there in fact just keep that earlier thread going?? is that the correct way to do it, I told you I,m not computer literate
    The real meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness and avoidance of pain
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,186Posts Today

7,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin