Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Comments

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all :wave:

Wow, is it a week since I wrote? Blimey. Time is flying.

All good and looking forward to a short break next week with my UFM emails in tow :T Feeling rough but working hard and not getting too much sleep. You know the two might be linked!! :rotfl:

DD2 kicking back a bit. Hard to balance but she needs to do more as she finds it tougher than others. Hardly fair but then academic aptitude isnt exactly doled out on a deserving basis..

No exercise although plenty of steps. Also very little alcohol and trying to eat very sensibly so the weight is slowly decreasing. Life could be much much worse!

Hope everyone is good. Love to all x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Love back to you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,065 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Have a good break next week :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Doing fab as always. I think your success is helped a lot by your family being on board with you. Have a lovely break :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzlegirl
    Thanks lovely. I am in sunny climes for a very short break and living it. Am channeling you SA and will raise a glass to you this evening. Spending all day on a sun lounger is doing my spirits a world of good :D
  • brizzlegirl
    And that’d be loving it (albeit living it too probably!!):j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Thanks lovely. I am in sunny climes for a very short break and living it. Am channeling you SA and will raise a glass to you this evening. Spending all day on a sun lounger is doing my spirits a world of good :D

Good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    Hello ladies & gents...

Back a few days ago..it was truly a fleeting visit. Been full on since but need to do some paid work and some YNAB type stuff later today. Currently catching up on sleep and was reading the paper.

Will be back with a better update - hope everyone is OK
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 12 August 2018 at 12:18PM
    Hello All :wave:

Well July wasn't great. The fall out from the car, paying my interim tax and a VAT bill and a heap of grocery spends, eating out, celebrations and the like meant that we only 'saved' 15% - most of which went against the car cost. Me and the girls had a great short break, but OH is away, DD2 is now ill with a hacking cough and my income is down from not working so not altogether a bright picture. The importance of having a better EF for when the inevitable happens or my income drops is increasingly dawning on me.

August looks better so far which I need to maintain and our family holiday should be frugal, but we shall see what actually transpires I guess. Went for a class on Friday which was good and hope to run today. After the glorious sun will be interesting to run in the rain!! Also have a few errands to do as well as some work. I will also meal plan so we know where we are. Will also update my signature.

Girls loafing about downstairs, laughing together and joking around which is great. Lifting my spirits a little :D We also had a plastic clear out session and brought some substitutes yesterday eg. wooden toothbrushes, shampoo bars and refilled some snack jars eg. nuts and bombay mix from a bulk foodstuff shop. Instigated by DD1, who has been abroad and saw the issues of plastics (particularly single use bags) in the ocean for herself :( It was nice to have them lead the way..

Love to all
  • Was thinking of you yesterday brizzie - listening to the radio in the early morning, and someone texted in saying that they were on the M5 (not driving I hope) and they were watching balloons go up at the festival. Gosh, one of these days I'm gonna be there and see it fer meself :D

I'm pretty sure that I may know of the bulk purchase shop of which you speak! :D Although I'm guilty of buying a jar of spice from there! i did better at harvest, and used paper bags to make my purchases....... ;)

Keep up the good work!

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback