G E Money and British Gas

Options
I put in claim to British Gas last Friday 16th August, for when I had a boiler installation in I believe around 2005/6. The salesman came to my house, went through what they could do and applied for the loan using his phone. After a few minutes it was approved and the installation went ahead as an emergency as we didn't have any proper heating at that time. The loan was through G E money and I remember the cost of the installation was about £3000 and then interest added on top. I do not have any paperwork regarding this sale but I really think that ppi must have been added. The salesman didn't ask much about my work which was with Social Services at that time and I only had a 10 hour contract with them. Also, my daughter has said she believes that the salesman would have been given a certain amount of commission which I am not sure would have maybe been added? I received a phone call yesterday the 20th, from British Gas who told me that I needed to remember the year and if I had any evidence as G E Money stopped offering ppi in 2005. Can anyone tell me if this is true. He is supposed to be phoning me again tomorrow for an answer. Many thanks

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Someone needs to have paperwork to show this loan existed. If they can't find anything, the onus is on you to provide it.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 21 August 2019 at 9:06PM
    Options
    I really think that ppi must have been added
    What's happened, fourteen years later, to make you think this?
    my daughter has said she believes that the salesman would have been given a certain amount of commission which I am not sure would have maybe been added?
    It's not likely any commission the salesman might have received, could have somehow been "added".
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    barbs88 wrote: »
    , my daughter has said she believes that the salesman would have been given a certain amount of commission which I am not sure would have maybe been added?
    All of this is just hopeful make-believe based on little more than hearsay. A Plevin refund of undisclosed commission, for example, relies on the finance still being paid in 2008.

There is also no documentary evidence that this loan even existed..

This "complaint" is doomed to failure without any evidence...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure