Proof of end of DMP

Hello my husband paid off his DMP in February this year and we are currently in application with Aldermore and require proof the DMP has ended. My husband contacted stepchange and asked for a certificate of satisfaction although they said they don’t do this and would send out a letter to state this. This was over a week ago and when my husband contacted them again this week they said we had to wait another couple of days as they had sent it second class. We seem to be getting nowhere with stepchange and wonder if anyone could advise on another way we could prove the DMP has ended. We are waiting on this to complete our application as everything else has been done

Comments

• Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your credit report should show the debts cleared?

And your bank statements would should you paying up to a point.
  • MrsGeorge
    MrsGeorge Posts: 21 Forumite
    I asked the broker a week ago if we could provide bank statements to show when paying DMP and not but she said this wouldn’t be enough
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    To be honest it sounds like you have a bad broker then.

Why was the DMP even mentioned? You are not on it now, it is history, there is no reason to disclose what was an informal arrangement unless asked by the bank after say looking though statements. I mean what if it was a self manageed DMP, where is your statement then. Canj you just not write one yourself. What are they after, tehre is nothing official that can be produced!

And for reference I used aldermore when I got this house as there were a few old defaults still showing. That was about a year after my DMP finished and I never mentioned it. (Well yes to the broker, but no point in giving informatuion that will just end up requireing clarificatio nand in your case non existant documents).

Are you sure the right inforrmation is getting back to you from the broker? Are they a proper adverse credit broker? If not it would explain a lot.
  • MrsGeorge
    We are using L&C mortgages who then put us in touch with Aldermore and asked us if we had had any DMPs and told them about my husbands which we paid off in February. Then for documents needed it was a signed direct debit mandate and proof of DMP finished such as certificate of satisfaction which we can’t get. I’m wondering if I should contact Aldermore myself and explain the situation as all I met with is silence from the broker about what else we could do. This has been for the last week we have only needed this proof and they say they need this last piece for Aldermore to process our application. I’m so stressed out with the process as I’m sure there must be a simpler way
  • MrsGeorge
    Also valuation on the property was completed over a week ago
  • anmarj
    anmarj Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I got a letter from Stepchange when I finished mine. Did your husband not get sent a letter and a small statement which showed what was paid.
  • MrsGeorge
    He got a celebration card which he put in the bin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills