Cross Stitch Cafe 2018

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I love it dumpling, to show the picture here, click the link you have posted then click the picture, on the bottom right click the arrow(2nd icon) choose BBcode, medium size, copy code paste here. You're so close now :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    I have spent a nice day stitching away and have started the next section. My eyesight has gone a bit now so I am taking a break and wasting time on the computer :D. Your cross stitch looks amazing nmm and thank you for your help. I still don't see what I am supposed to do so I just put the link to my page on. Told you I was hopeless :rotfl::rotfl:.
    Does anyone get bored quickly? I like to have a few different pieces on the go usually but this LK pattern is good as it is lots of different sections so I don't get fed up to quickly. I also had Counting Shells in my stash years ago but never got round to starting it. It is a beautiful picture though.
  • dumpling
    [IMG]https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/<a href=https://flic.kr/p/28Gup4K rel=nofollow>[/img]43121390485_617fe0325f.jpgno cigar here lol I'll try again later when I am not so cross eyed.
  • nmm
    edited 14 August 2018 at 10:03PM
    I hate having UFO's I like to finish a project before starting another one, however I have been known to take years like on my gorgeous Beautiful Dreamer.

29099624127_2fdd9f8859.jpg

see if these photos help
    42227648130_4cbd893dd7_z.jpg
    42227648050_5940d7dd1e_z.jpg
  • dumpling
    Thank you so much for the step by step instructions. I will take an updated picture tomorrow and try again then.:)
    I made a wolf picture years ago for my husband as they are his favourite animals. It was stitched on black aida and there was no backstitch, it was only cross stitches in 47 or so shades of grey. It looked lovely when done but my goodness my eyesight suffered. Your Beautiful Dreamer is awesome, how long did that take you?

I have spent a lovely morning stitching and keeping my grandchildren company. My 7 year old grandson is keen to have a go so I will set him up with some spare material and threads and see how he does. Hopefully we will have more success than when I tried to teach him to knit as he is a leftie and we didn't get very far. My grand daughter will probably want to have a try too so I could have my own little sewing circle at home :rotfl:.
    Hope you all had a good day, the weekend is in sight :D.
  • Charly27
    Charly27 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Mnm Beautiful dreamer is amazing. I’m still working on a Bothy threads ‘Harbour Lights’ can’t remember how many years I have been working on it :rotfl: I have been distracted by dressmaking and knitting a blanket for DGD born 23rd July. Also cross stitching a ‘sausage dog’ for a colleague and a Gin related one for another colleague. I find I’m better when I do a little of something every day. Dumpling the yr 3 and 4 children loved cross stitching. We started on printed card and it wa always my intention to let them design their own and then move to stitching on Binca but with all the other demands we never got long to do it. The boys in particular loved it. Let us know how you get on.
    ‘One of our greatest freedoms is how we react to things’ said Mole.Cross stitch cafe WIP ‘The Best is yet to come’ Emma Congham & ‘A Year in the Life of’ HSC. TaDa Welcome
  • nmm
    Hi, thanks for the lovely BD comments it took me 2 years and 2 months to complete. I've done a tiger "Czar" on black aida, the black stripes were a nightmare but a light colour fabric or paper underneath helped. I hope the grandkids enjoy stitching, I find it very relaxing.
  • dumpling
    Hi everyone,

I've been ploughing on with my Halloween Rules cross stitch and I am about three quarters of the way through it now. My arm has seized up though so I am having a break for the evening and pottering around on the internet instead.

The grand children opted to play Minecraft instead of stitching :rotfl:, never mind I will try again another day. I am thinking about which project to start next week when i would have hopefully finished my current one. I have a Christmas Rules from Lizzie Kate but I think I would like to carry on with the spooky theme for a little while longer. Hmmm, will have a ponder and see which kits or charts appeal to me.

Wow,nmm, 2 years is a long time to spend on a project but I can see it was worth it. Is that the longest time you have spent on a picture? I tend to make smallish ones as I don't have loads of patience and I like to see results quickly. I made all my nieces and nephews a birth sampler each which I loved doing. They are mostly all grown up now but my sister has adopted a couple of gorgeous girls so I will try and make them a sampler too. I do end up giving nearly everything I make away but it would be nice to hang a few pieces on the wall. It's the framing that usually blows the budget but I am worrying about how to get my sewing to the framer as I rarely leave the house. Oh well, that is a problem for another day :).

Hope you all have had a good day today. take care xx
  • nmm
    I buy custom frames online usually around £20 or so for the bigger ones and frame them myself either with double sided or stitch the back. BD was the longest but I generally only stitch an hour a day, others have taken about 1 - 1 1/2 years. He measures about 31cm x 42cm and was done in full X's luckily no backstitch needed. I want to do one called Dreams of Atlantis but I fear it would take about 10 years as its massive, haha.
  • dumpling
    [IMG]https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/<a href=https://flic.kr/p/2ajUHSG rel=nofollow>[/img]44189887072_5292aab3a9.jpg44189887072_5292aab3a9.jpgI think I've managed it :rotfl::rotfl:.

I finished it last night so I am trying to pick my next project now. I am very pleased with how it's turned out so it just needs an iron and then it needs a suitably spooky frame.

Hope it's so quiet on here because you are all busy stitching away :). How is the job hunt going Coxy? Hope you get some good news soon. Grandchildren are a fantastic distraction Charly27, I love making things for my two. Hope you all have a great Bank Holiday weekend ahead, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure