PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• GreenFairy
    Options
    Out today:
    Litre of milk
    End of a bag of lactofree grated cheese
    Last two mince pies!
    End of a big choccie bar
    Big bottle of Coke Zero

I've taken some smoked coley out to defrost for tomorrow's dinner. The doggos will get a piece of hideously freezer burned haddock between them.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    All made into a chicken casserole and slammed in the oven on a lowish heat for 90 minutes - I might let you know, or I might cook sausage and mash instead for tea if it is beyond hope when all cooked

It was fine. Amazing what three hours (got distracted and DH was delayed driving home) in the oven can do!

SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Sunflower1227
    Options
    Burgers didn't get made yesterday, mum was ill and had to visit her. So defrosted a batch of ready cooked Quorn mince and had it with a jacket potato. Made the burgers for tea tonight, with sweet potato fries, carrot & turnip, sprouts, broccoli, and sticky onions & leaks.
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've put nothing in the freezer today, but I got out some fruit and made a fruit sponge pudding, some quorn mince and made a small cottage pie that will do for tomorrow as well and some frozen veggies that I had with dinner tonight.

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh and some ice cream that went on top of my pudding.
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Sunflower1227
    Options
    Meals for Friday 13th !!!!

B - Porridge & frozen berries

D - ? As we are going out (weather dependant) if we are in the house, it will be soup.

T - Quorn fillet for me chicken breast for hubby, with onions, peppers, peas & sweet corn & jar of ready made tomato based sauce & rice.

All out of the freezer & cupboards
    I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. :)

Weight loss 3 stone :D
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Out of freezer today

Sausage
    Bacon
    Pork Chops
    Small pork Joint.
    Portion Chilli con-carne
    Portion Rice.

This will be Chilli just for me tonight, Mixed Grill for two of us tomorrow Roast Pork Dinner for two of us Sunday and cold pork bubble and squeak , pickles for me on Monday.
    Slimming World at target
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,623 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 January 2017 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Friday night is curry night here but I have taken 2 portions of HM beef curry and a naan out of the freezer when we would normally get a takeaway. I have HM tomato ragu left from a sausage casserole in the fridge so that will get spices, spinach and chick peas to make a sort of channa masala. OH prefers takeaway but we will never eat the HM curry otherwise as 2 curries in a week is a bit excessive even for us.

Also took a chicken Kiev out for DD as she needs easy to cook dinner before band tonight
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whoops two packs of bacon found lurking at the back of the fridge - thought my son had used them over Christmas! They are just over use by date but look and smell fine so they'll get divided up, vac packed and wedged into the freezer. Stilton scone and leftover chilli for lunch today and then I'll try and find freezer space to freeze what's left. Out later will be a portion of frozen haddock and some oven chips and I'll see what I fancy for dinners over the next few days from what I have in and get the meat in the fridge. I have a couple of sweet potatoes to use so jerk chicken thighs one night sounds like a plan for one meal. All meals until next Thurs/Fri will be from stocks and then I'll need to top fresh veg, milk etc.
  • JensFeet
    Options
    Lol SL... I truly hope you don't have the same food issues I have! But it's nice to know I'm not alone!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback