PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Opinions on my house

Options

Comments

• Bass_9
    Bass_9 Posts: 151 Forumite
    Options
    I posted early in this thread and have been reading through as it's progressed. It's a bit frustrating when someone pops up to comment on something you've already discussed/explained but people will nip in having only read your first post, easily done. Like you say hindsight is a beautiful thing but you've just got to get on with it now, as you are. You're definitely listening to what people have to say and it sounds like you're taking everything on board. It may just be a matter of patience now!

I think stressing the proximity of the primary school could be a good strategy for certain buyers when they are viewing, it is an excellent school.

All the best with it. :)
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just seen there are new photos of front and lounge now on rightmove. Looks a lot better :beer:
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't read all 4 pages so apologies if this has been mentioned.

Is pic 15 just a bad perspective or is the kazee really perched right in the corner with barely any knee room? Looks an odd design decision.
  • wishuponastar
    wishuponastar Posts: 779 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2018 at 10:54PM
    Options
    Are the sizes of the playroom according to the floorplan correct? As it looks larger than the 1.5m mentioned (when I eventually worked out from what you'd said which room in the photo list was the playroom).

As depending on the true sizes of that room, if they allow, then could it be mean your property could be marketed as a 5 bedroom? Which would put you in a difference price bracket and also mean that the price you're asking is more justified and you would also come up in searches for those seeking a 5 bed as currently you won't.

Personally I'd ask the agent to add photo labels so it's clear without having to work out which room is what - obviously they need to coincide with the floorplan labels too. So if it is on the floorplan as bedroom 1 then the photo with that label needs to show the same room (it might sound obvious but I've seen it happen often where the labels are completely wrong).
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Solar panels? Are they leased?
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »

Is pic 15 just a bad perspective or is the kazee really perched right in the corner with barely any knee room? Looks an odd design decision.

Dunno about you, but I tent to sit on the bog more like I'm sitting on a bike (with knees facing forward) than a horse (with knees splayed outwards).

Suggest if you're straddling the toilet, you're doing it wrong....
  • Hutch100uk
    Hutch100uk Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hazyjo wrote: »
    Solar panels? Are they leased?

Nope, owned
  • Hutch100uk
    Options
    Are the sizes of the playroom according to the floorplan correct? As it looks larger than the 1.5m mentioned (when I eventually worked out from what you'd said which room in the photo list was the playroom).

As depending on the true sizes of that room, if they allow, then could it be mean your property could be marketed as a 5 bedroom? Which would put you in a difference price bracket and also mean that the price you're asking is more justified and you would also come up in searches for those seeking a 5 bed as currently you won't.

Personally I'd ask the agent to add photo labels so it's clear without having to work out which room is what - obviously they need to coincide with the floorplan labels too. So if it is on the floorplan as bedroom 1 then the photo with that label needs to show the same room (it might sound obvious but I've seen it happen often where the labels are completely wrong).

Interesting point. Its actually an odd shaped room and was shown as the dining room in the showhome. I think families with children like the idea that its potentially a playroom, although I've had just as many childless couples look at the house. I might discuss this with my agent.
  • Hutch100uk
    Options
    New photos added, loads removed. I have changed 'offers in excess of' to 'guide price'.

https://!!!!!!/2jlCq0H
  • Hutch100uk
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »

Must be the perspective! All 3 bathrooms have enough leg room for the BFG.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure