New E.ON tarrifs - Go Online and Clean Energy

Comments

• Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    Hi Helena or Malc, I hope you are both well.

Would one of you be able to help with an enquiry on behalf of my father in law please?

I can see the new Go Online tariff will be cheaper for him but his account online shows two separate areas for gas and electricity. The Go Online shows as an option within electricity but not within gas; that only shows the standard option in the search results. I only have electricity at home so I am not sure what to do on his account to sort the new option for both fuels.

Thanks very much,

Tracey
    When you say it showing in the two different sections, do you mean a 'you could be paying less' message?

I don't have an active E.ON account right now and they've changed the site a bit since I did, so I'm going from memory.
    If you log in and choose 'get an energy quote' or 'find our best deal for you' or something like that (the header image of the page has a family with a couple of young girls). That should take you to a customer version of their normal quote tool that has things like consumption, dual/single fuel, meter type, and economy 7 split (where relevant) pre-filled.

If you go through that it will list all their tariffs with the cheapest first. Go Online should appear in that list (and should be the first). I think for existing customers it also lists the price difference from your current tariff there too.
    You can look for more details and then expand the tariff information label for exact unit rates. If it's still something you want to go for, you can request the switch from that page and it should do both fuels.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Fingers crossed the new Go Online tariff works out cheaper for my parents in East Midlands region than the previous few. Been getting some grief about the fact that three out of the last four fixed tariffs have been cheaper for Midlands region than East Midlands. I appreciate the reasons why but parents seem to think its a conspiracy against them. They're currently on Saver v5 expiring in January so would be good if something came up sooner.
  • Raxiel wrote: »
    When you say it showing in the two different sections, do you mean a 'you could be paying less' message?

I don't have an active E.ON account right now and they've changed the site a bit since I did, so I'm going from memory.
    If you log in and choose 'get an energy quote' or 'find our best deal for you' or something like that (the header image of the page has a family with a couple of young girls). That should take you to a customer version of their normal quote tool that has things like consumption, dual/single fuel, meter type, and economy 7 split (where relevant) pre-filled.

If you go through that it will list all their tariffs with the cheapest first. Go Online should appear in that list (and should be the first). I think for existing customers it also lists the price difference from your current tariff there too.
    You can look for more details and then expand the tariff information label for exact unit rates. If it's still something you want to go for, you can request the switch from that page and it should do both fuels.

Hi Raxiel, thanks for your reply. No, when I login to father in laws account (we have power of attorney by the way, I am not doing it without his permission!) there is a drop down list on the front account page, one takes me to the electricity information and the other to the gas details. Following the find me the best deal route brings up Go Online for electricity but nothing other than the current standard option within the gas section when I follow the same process. I don't have gas in my area hence I am not familiar with what dual fuel customers would normally see?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Organisation Representative
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Thanks!:money:

Applied for the switch, now to find out if Iresa will play silly beggars or let me leave graciously (Not to mention my £107 of credit).

Edit: Helena
    My old E.ON account still exists (closed but allows access to my old bills and transactions)
    I supplied a different email address to CEC/Money Supermarket as part of the switch, will it be possible to reactivate that old account with all it's legacy information or will I get set up with another account?
    I thought about just changing the email address on the old account to match but it doesn't seem to have the option.

Morning Raxiel,

Sorry for the late reply :o Malc is on holiday this week, so I'm plodding on alone.

Good to see you've decided to change to the tariff.

You will have a new account, with a new account number and you'll need to register it online with a new username.

I don't think we can link it, but it might be something you can have a word with the sales team about. Or I can for you.

Thanks

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    [FONT=&quot]
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    Hi Raxiel, thanks for your reply. No, when I login to father in laws account (we have power of attorney by the way, I am not doing it without his permission!) there is a drop down list on the front account page, one takes me to the electricity information and the other to the gas details. Following the find me the best deal route brings up Go Online for electricity but nothing other than the current standard option within the gas section when I follow the same process. I don't have gas in my area hence I am not familiar with what dual fuel customers would normally see?

Morning MrsWenger,

We're very well thank you, hope you are as well.

Thank you for the extra information and thank you Raxiel for the instructions [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:)

It sounds to me like the gas and electricity are on separate account numbers and aren't currently on a OneBill so it's showing them separately.

Do you log in with the same username for both?

The Go online tariff is only available for Dual Fuel or electricity accounts only, that's why it's not showing for the gas by itself.

We can fix it though, so don't worry. We need to get the accounts linked, it might be something you can do via the online account, here's how.

Select [FONT=&quot]Update your details [/FONT]from the [FONT=&quot]My account [/FONT]drop down menu on the account navigation at the top of the page.

Select [FONT=&quot]add another account.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enter the account number you would like to link to your online account and then click [FONT=&quot]Register[/FONT].

It may be that you don't get the option of adding another account, this means we'll need to get it done for you.

I'll help you if you need me, so just ask [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:)

Thank you

Helena[/FONT]
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,398
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning Raxiel,

Sorry for the late reply :o Malc is on holiday this week, so I'm plodding on alone.

Good to see you've decided to change to the tariff.

You will have a new account, with a new account number and you'll need to register it online with a new username.

I don't think we can link it, but it might be something you can have a word with the sales team about. Or I can for you.

Thanks

Helena

Thanks Helena,

I logged into my old account and asked the same question there via the help form, I realised it might be easer since they would have access to my account details. I've not had a response yet.

I found the historical information in the energy saving toolkit useful so I hope it can be retained (it would also be nice if the 'missing' monthly consumption figures could be filled in too, but I suspect that's wishful thinking).

Incidentally what's happening with E.on See, is it still invite only?
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Thanks Helena,

I logged into my old account and asked the same question there via the help form, I realised it might be easer since they would have access to my account details. I've not had a response yet.

I found the historical information in the energy saving toolkit useful so I hope it can be retained (it would also be nice if the 'missing' monthly consumption figures could be filled in too, but I suspect that's wishful thinking).

Incidentally what's happening with E.on See, is it still invite only?

Hiya Raxiel,

Yes, your historical data will remain on your online account for 1 year after the account was closed.

The new account will start again from the new start date.

I do know some of the information isn't always perfect on the energy saving toolkit and I'd say to use it as a guide.

E.ON See is just invite at the moment, but I do actually work quite closely with the app guys so can update when I know more about this.

Thank you

Helena :)
  • nicobrum wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the new Go Online tariff works out cheaper for my parents in East Midlands region than the previous few. Been getting some grief about the fact that three out of the last four fixed tariffs have been cheaper for Midlands region than East Midlands. I appreciate the reasons why but parents seem to think its a conspiracy against them. They're currently on Saver v5 expiring in January so would be good if something came up sooner.

Thank you EON, happy parents are saving about £70 per year moving from v5 to the new fixed tariff. Hopefully that'll keep them happy for a bit.
    nicobrum wrote: »
    Thank you EON, happy parents are saving about £70 per year moving from v5 to the new fixed tariff. Hopefully that'll keep them happy for a bit.

Lovely to see your parents are going to save some money nicobrum :)

Thank you for letting us know.

Helena :)
  • [FONT=&quot]

Morning MrsWenger,

We're very well thank you, hope you are as well.

Thank you for the extra information and thank you Raxiel for the instructions [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:)

It sounds to me like the gas and electricity are on separate account numbers and aren't currently on a OneBill so it's showing them separately.

Do you log in with the same username for both?

The Go online tariff is only available for Dual Fuel or electricity accounts only, that's why it's not showing for the gas by itself.

We can fix it though, so don't worry. We need to get the accounts linked, it might be something you can do via the online account, here's how.

Select [FONT=&quot]Update your details [/FONT]from the [FONT=&quot]My account [/FONT]drop down menu on the account navigation at the top of the page.

Select [FONT=&quot]add another account.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enter the account number you would like to link to your online account and then click [FONT=&quot]Register[/FONT].

It may be that you don't get the option of adding another account, this means we'll need to get it done for you.

I'll help you if you need me, so just ask [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:)

Thank you

Helena[/FONT]

Hi Helena, pleased to hear you and Malc are well. All good with me, thank you :)

Thank you very much for the reply. Both accounts are accessible using one login and, whilst I can see them both in the drop down box, when I follow the route you suggested I get the following message - "Our records show that there are no more accounts available to be added.
    Your accounts will need to be linked by us to be able to use the same login details."

If you could help me to sort this I would very much appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Tracey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family