Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 558
    • MissPickle
    • By MissPickle 19th Jul 19, 2:53 PM
    • 1,474 Posts
    • 1,820 Thanks
    MissPickle
    Burnt my dinner again.
    Why do potatoes boil twice as fast when you're not in the room willing them along.
    My dinner is now in Gitdog.
    Originally posted by elsien
    You need a timer. Or the alarm on a phone is just as good.
    It's easy to be distracted when you're not watching them.
    Or... what I used to do was knock up a banana loaf whilst waiting. Or any cake really. I like cake & it kills the time.
    Smile... It'll confuse em.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 19th Jul 19, 5:41 PM
    • 28,884 Posts
    • 16,067 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    I do my boiled eggs the same way everyday and somehow they come out different each time, sometimes right, sometimes hard boiled and sometimes under done.
    • tealady
    • By tealady 19th Jul 19, 7:59 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 4,037 Thanks
    tealady
    I do my boiled eggs the same way everyday and somehow they come out different each time, sometimes right, sometimes hard boiled and sometimes under done.
    Originally posted by donnajunkie
    It's the reason why I dont eat boiled eggs!
    Now if I could just find an easy way of coordinating scrambling eggs with cooking toast I would be laughing!
    Proud to be an MSE nerd
    Judge people by their achievements, not by their mistakes
    • elsien
    • By elsien 19th Jul 19, 8:02 PM
    • 19,549 Posts
    • 49,695 Thanks
    elsien
    Now if I could just find an easy way of coordinating scrambling eggs with cooking toast I would be laughing!
    Originally posted by tealady
    Change the scrambled eggs to eggy bread. Probably a bit less healthy but much tastier.
    And perfectly coordinated.
    (As long as you don't go off and leave them.)
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 19th Jul 19, 8:15 PM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 4,797 Thanks
    ceredigion
    I am in the dog house again.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 20th Jul 19, 5:51 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Originally posted by tealady
    Nuke the eggs in the microwave while the bread is in the toaster (start that first), stir the eggs after 40 seconds and then put back in for 20 seconds and again after another stir if a firmer texture is required.

Any dog and his Dad knows that
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 21st Jul 19, 8:23 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Where was his team?

They got told to take it easy on Friday so that they would be rested for the hard day on Saturday but they all faded too early and were of no help to their team leader
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 21st Jul 19, 12:18 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 21,835 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Where was his team?

They got told to take it easy on Friday so that they would be rested for the hard day on Saturday but they all faded too early and were of no help to their team leader
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    What team's this?
    The egg cooking team?

(PS or is it sport of which you bark, in which case. . . zzzzzz )
    • ceredigion
    • By ceredigion 21st Jul 19, 6:44 PM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 4,797 Thanks
    ceredigion
    Where was his team?

Originally posted by duncanthedog
    It was better today
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 21st Jul 19, 11:51 PM
    • 5,069 Posts
    • 4,772 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Took my PS3 controller apart months ago as it was sitting in a drawer for years and manky, at the time I couldn't clip the buttons back on top (well known issue) and got frustrated and decided to try again today, except the clip that connects the button is missing! This pad is in excellent condition despite it being a earlier model (in part as I hardly ever used it) and replacement clips would cost a few quid but I can get a 3rd party controller delivered new for £9!
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 22nd Jul 19, 11:43 AM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 21,835 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Took my PS3 controller apart months ago as it was sitting in a drawer for years and manky, at the time I couldn't clip the buttons back on top (well known issue) and got frustrated and decided to try again today, except the clip that connects the button is missing! This pad is in excellent condition despite it being a earlier model (in part as I hardly ever used it) and replacement clips would cost a few quid but I can get a 3rd party controller delivered new for £9!
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Or at least it was in good condition before it "became dismantled"
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 22nd Jul 19, 11:55 AM
    • 9,475 Posts
    • 9,985 Thanks
    pogofish
    The hedgehogs in my garden doing their bit to stem the decline of their species.

Very loudly..!

And my mixed wildflower border has been flattened by their exertions..!

• NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 22nd Jul 19, 4:54 PM
    • 2,051 Posts
    • 5,135 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    I've just ticked off another line on the 'signs you're getting old' list.

A major(ish) UK party is now led by someone younger than me
    • mark1959
    • By mark1959 22nd Jul 19, 5:56 PM
    • 389 Posts
    • 450 Thanks
    mark1959
    My "smart" phone which demands to update every day, and then takes ages doing it. [so everything else is so slow]. If it was that smart why doesn't it know everything already.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 23rd Jul 19, 8:51 AM
    • 571 Posts
    • 1,324 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    The English language

So sad that people can be offended by the difference between Hot and Hot

This advert has been banned
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Jul 19, 9:17 AM
    • 19,549 Posts
    • 49,695 Thanks
    elsien
    Idiots who ignore me when I tell them if they encourage Gitdog to approach them in a certain way they will end up with a broken nose.
    "It's alright, I'm used to dogs."
    No you're not, because if you were you'd be listening to the sodding owner.

Tempted though I am to let them get on with it, then tell them it serves them right as they get a good solid headbutt, it's poor Gitdog who'd end up getting the blame.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 23rd Jul 19, 12:47 PM
    • 2,051 Posts
    • 5,135 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Idiots who ignore me when I tell them if they encourage Gitdog to approach them in a certain way they will end up with a broken nose.
    "It's alright, I'm used to dogs."
    No you're not, because if you were you'd be listening to the sodding owner.

Tempted though I am to let them get on with it, then tell them it serves them right as they get a good solid headbutt, it's poor Gitdog who'd end up getting the blame.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Okay, I have to ask, under what circumstances does Gitdog give people a Glasgow kiss?
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 23rd Jul 19, 1:03 PM
    • 6,823 Posts
    • 21,835 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Okay, I have to ask, under what circumstances does Gitdog give people a Glasgow kiss?
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    I'd love tae know.
    I've got this vision of a dog who looks like Rab C Nesbitt.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Jul 19, 1:09 PM
    • 19,549 Posts
    • 49,695 Thanks
    elsien
    Originally posted by NaughtiusMaximus
    Being both exciteable and a bull terrier who believes himself to be of chihuahua-like proportions, head butting is pretty much his accidental default setting. Say hello, and instantaneously throw large and solid head upwards, especially when someone is bending over him.

Rolling round on the grass, waving your arms at him and calling him in a silly high pitched voice is really only going to go one way with his combination of exuberance, over-friendliness and sheer muscle power. And their stupidity. Steamrollered with additional black eye for luck.
    Last edited by elsien; 23-07-2019 at 1:13 PM.

• colinw
    • By colinw 23rd Jul 19, 1:28 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,076 Thanks
    colinw
    The Hypocrisy of some politicians...

When Gordon Brown became PM in 2007 the buffoon Boris Johnson said

“It’s the arrogance. It’s the contempt. That’s what gets me. It’s Gordon Brown’s apparent belief that he can just trample on the democratic will of the British people. It’s at moments like this that I think the political world has gone mad, and I am alone in detecting the gigantic fraud.

“They voted for Anthony Charles Lynton Blair to serve as their leader. They were at no stage invited to vote on whether Gordon Brown should be PM… They voted for Tony, and yet they now get Gordon, and a transition about as democratically proper as the transition from Claudius to Nero. It is a scandal. Why are we all conniving in this stitch-up? This is nothing less than a palace coup… with North Korean servility, the Labour Party has handed power over to the brooding Scottish power-maniac.”
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,512Users online

Martin's Twitter