Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 398
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 1:55 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    He has been a bit moody since the chemical neutering wore off and a certain lady dog along the road was in heat up until last week and that affected him badly as I think it would have been his first boost of testosterone from that side of life
    Vet thinks I am right not to get him neutered proper though as he would just turn into a whimpering wreck.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Always women to blame
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 1:57 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    Sounds like he got out the wrong side of his dog bed this morning.

Honestly, I just want to stick my earphones in and hide, but I've got another bloody parcel due. Why do I order so much sh*te? I'm just trying to keep myself distracted (idle hands are not my friend).

Were you actually in? Did you suggest knocking instead of taking a photo next time?
    Originally posted by Sunny Intervals
    I was out sadly! it was in the days I used to get prints back off my photos, it used to mean a pain in the !!!! trip across the Tyne to go retrieve them as well
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 1:58 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    me! my bloody thumb hurts as I am a nail biter but worse than that I pick at the skin at the side of my thumb I have overdone it a bit the past few days and it is sore
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 2:01 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    I don't know where else to put this but bit of a shocking story of a 9 year old dying from Flu, you would not think it was possible for a kid that age to be killed by Flu

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-45874198

I usually get the flu jab every year just in case....
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 2:05 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    That actually reminds me: when I called customer services to find out what had happened to my parcel, I told him I had no idea where the place in the photo was. He said, "Well, I'm in Newcastle, so if you don't know where it is I've got no chance!"
    Must be one of the big call centres that we have up here
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 2:14 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    It was a bit weird because the automated phone thingy told me it was putting me through to my local depot--my local depot is (I think) in Birmingham or thereabouts.
    Well the Geordie accent is supposedly one of the more popular ones I think although I quite like the Brummy one as well
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 16th Oct 18, 3:24 PM
    • 5,278 Posts
    • 10,995 Thanks
    minimad1970
    I'm irritating myself, I wish my brain had an on/off switch. I live in a housing association property, the electrician's coming next week to test the electrics, it's a 10 year check up, and they've now phoned to make an appointment for a surveyor to come as we're getting a new kitchen. Whilst I'm really grateful to get this my anxiety is really bad and I've got about a million things going round in my brain.

I'm determined to keep the appointment but I've got so many questions about how I'll manage without a kitchen for 5 days and how I'll cope with 4 strangers in my house
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 4:56 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    The 380 bus I get every night decided tonight to park on the stand used by the X20 meaning of course the Identical looking X20 was parked on the 308 stand, this idiot jumps on it, pays his fair and realises it is heading towards the Motorway rather than the normal way, just before it gets to the Motorway it stops at some lights so I rush downstairs to ask what bus it is, X20 he says and apologises for being on the wrong stand, he then did something he probably should have not and said I could jump off there, so I jump off and I am stuck in the middle of a two lane road and between me and the road is another double decker bus with a driver watching the lights and not expecting a pedestrian on his right hand side, anyway lucky for me he caught a glimpse of me just before the lights changed so I ran across in front of his bus, to say he was not impressed would be an understatement, anyway as I had then spent all my change I had to walk 4 mile home. Got home and found MSE telling me my ip was blocked a reboot of the router seems to have fixed that, this really is proving to be a !!!! of a week
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 16th Oct 18, 5:43 PM
    • 5,493 Posts
    • 18,394 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My world has come to an end

I put the spread on the wrong side of a biscuit
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Oct 18, 7:01 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,366 Thanks
    Pyxis
    The 380 bus I get every night decided tonight to park on the stand used by the X20 meaning of course the Identical looking X20 was parked on the 308 stand, this idiot jumps on it, pays his fair and realises it is heading towards the Motorway rather than the normal way, just before it gets to the Motorway it stops at some lights so I rush downstairs to ask what bus it is, X20 he says and apologises for being on the wrong stand, he then did something he probably should have not and said I could jump off there, so I jump off and I am stuck in the middle of a two lane road and between me and the road is another double decker bus with a driver watching the lights and not expecting a pedestrian on his right hand side, anyway lucky for me he caught a glimpse of me just before the lights changed so I ran across in front of his bus, to say he was not impressed would be an understatement, anyway as I had then spent all my change I had to walk 4 mile home. Got home and found MSE telling me my ip was blocked a reboot of the router seems to have fixed that, this really is proving to be a !!!! of a week
    Originally posted by colinw
    Blimey Coley! That was awful! Poor you! And he didn't give you your money back!
    I hope it wasn't raining.

How awful, though!

Have a hug...... ((((((((((Colin))))))))))))

You are excused all jobs this evening and tomorrow too.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 7:49 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    Blimey Coley! That was awful! Poor you! And he didn't give you your money back!
    I hope it wasn't raining.

How awful, though!

Have a hug...... ((((((((((Colin))))))))))))

You are excused all jobs this evening and tomorrow too.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    To be fair to the driver I think the fact it was partially his fault made him make a daft choice of dumping me in the middle of some Nast traffic he knew after the light as it was an express bus I would have ended up miles away, he did not really have time to refund the money, it was not a pleasant situation though

Edit: Not sure where the Fairy Lights quote came from be nice if she returned to these parts though
    Last edited by colinw; 16-10-2018 at 8:07 PM.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 8:06 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    Stuff that turns up in your house and you have no idea where it came from.

Yesterday it was a fork in a design/pattern I have never seen before. It was just sitting there in the fork pot. Pretending itís been hanging out with all the other forks for years.
    Where has it come from?!
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    Ask it but be prepared for a Forky Tail
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Oct 18, 8:26 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,366 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Stuff that turns up in your house and you have no idea where it came from.

Yesterday it was a fork in a design/pattern I have never seen before. It was just sitting there in the fork pot. Pretending itís been hanging out with all the other forks for years.
    Where has it come from?!
    Originally posted by Quizzical Squirrel
    The Fork Stork.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Oct 18, 8:29 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,366 Thanks
    Pyxis
    To be fair to the driver I think the fact it was partially his fault made him make a daft choice of dumping me in the middle of some Nast traffic he knew after the light as it was an express bus I would have ended up miles away, he did not really have time to refund the money, it was not a pleasant situation though

Edit: Not sure where the Fairy Lights quote came from be nice if she returned to these parts though
    I've been wondering a lot recently where she is.

That quote.... that's the very first post on this thread.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 8:34 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    I've been wondering a lot recently where she is.

That quote.... that's the very first post on this thread.
    I might have caught it when scrolling, I think she does log on occasionally but does not come to these parts, maybe a little blackbird could persuade her
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 16th Oct 18, 8:52 PM
    • 40,783 Posts
    • 151,366 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I might have caught it when scrolling, I think she does log on occasionally but does not come to these parts, maybe a little blackbird could persuade her
    Wot...peck her into shape?

I do miss her wit.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 18, 8:54 PM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    Wot...peck her into shape?

I do miss her wit.
    She was one of the funnier posters
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 7:20 AM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    I see the edge of nostril out the corner of my left eye, not sure if me nose has grown overnight or if I have something on it
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 17th Oct 18, 7:38 AM
    • 5,493 Posts
    • 18,394 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    I see the edge of nostril out the corner of my left eye, not sure if me nose has grown overnight or if I have something on it
    I get that since I stopped wearing specs.
    So much that I can see freckles on my nose that I was not aware of before and my eyes seem to get drawn to them, I worry that I will go cross-eyed

My irritation for this morning is that I can't think of where to go on our long walk today, I have nothing specific to do.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 18, 7:40 AM
    • 55,540 Posts
    • 153,072 Thanks
    colinw
    I get that since I stopped wearing specs.
    So much that I can see freckles on my nose that I was not aware of before and my eyes seem to get drawn to them, I worry that I will go cross-eyed

My irritation for this morning is that I can't think of where to go on our long walk today, I have nothing specific to do.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Yeah there is not much work in here at the moment as well, I am thinking what I can do today as well..I am also wondering why my ip is blocked at home again I did think at one point I might have been banned for posting a rude Postman Pat video yesterday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

489Posts Today

7,513Users online

Martin's Twitter