Body Lotions, Body Butters etc

2»

Comments

• Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I’d love to use a body lotion/cream/butter every day, but I feel like it’s rewetting your body after drying it & when I’m rushing to get ready for work early in the morning it’s just a pain!

This one really does work - Elemis Vitamin Rich Body Lotion, I think it may have been discontinued:-( the nourishing body lotion is also good.

But I still rarely use them.

For over 40 years I used cheap shower gels, a couple of quid a bottle, I always had dry elbows. A few years ago I changed to only luxury toiletries and I haven’t got dry elbows anymore.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    I’d love to use a body lotion/cream/butter every day, but I feel like it’s rewetting your body after drying it & when I’m rushing to get ready for work early in the morning it’s just a pain!

This one really does work - Elemis Vitamin Rich Body Lotion, I think it may have been discontinued:-( the nourishing body lotion is also good.

But I still rarely use them.

For over 40 years I used cheap shower gels, a couple of quid a bottle, I always had dry elbows. A few years ago I changed to only luxury toiletries and I haven’t got dry elbows anymore.

If you want to save time have a look at Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle. The blurb from their site:

“Keep it in or just near your shower, after showering apply to wet skin before you towel dry & enjoy super-hydrated skin every day!

Faster absorbing & quicker to use than a regular lotion, this is the ultimate moisturiser to use when you are short on time.”

I use it after every shower and it takes literally seconds to cover most of me :D
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Murphybear wrote: »
    If you want to save time have a look at Sanctuary Spa Wet Skin Moisture Miracle. The blurb from their site:

“Keep it in or just near your shower, after showering apply to wet skin before you towel dry & enjoy super-hydrated skin every day!

Faster absorbing & quicker to use than a regular lotion, this is the ultimate moisturiser to use when you are short on time.”

I use it after every shower and it takes literally seconds to cover most of me :D

I bought some a while ago, but I haven’t used it yet.
    I’m struggling to get my head around how the towel doesn’t get coated in it, when you dry yourself.
    Please tell me.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ok, so I've been doing the suggestion to use more frequently for a few weeks now, though I still don't remember every time. I've seen a very small difference in skin on my arms, but a huge difference in my elbows.

On using them I've discovered that I prefer a thicker butter but the smell has to be good too.

Soap and glory, I'm not all that fussed about, but I think it's because the tubs are big and I'm bored long before I've got to the bottom. I currently feel this way about the S&G clean on me shower gel I'm using.

I now have 3 unopened lotions etc to use and I've no idea which to try next.

Champneys citrus blush body butter
    Bayliss & Harding jojoba & almond oil
    Elemis Frngipani body creme.

I do feel the way kim kim does, that it's a bit of a faff when you've just got dried, so once these 3 are gone, I'll be looking into the ones you apply when wet instead.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,138 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Kim_kim wrote: »
    What toileties are you using that's eliminates dry elbows? Since the beginning of the year (due to toiletries received at xmas) bubble bath has been badedas, Ted Baker or Sanctuary. Bodywash/shower gel has been soap and glory as is current scrub.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure