Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Just tried it out and I still get a free pizza link - not claiming it though lol
    sorry, how do you get this pizza?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,945 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hazelo123 wrote: »
    Could I ask about the virgin app please, I downloaded the app but don’t know how to activate it !!!129300; thanks x

It is the Virgin Red app you need.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    MKS wrote: »
    I didn't think that you'd been on it that long as we met before you started SW.

It's 45 weeks :D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Glyndwr wrote: »
    You're both behind the times. Caffe Nero offer expired last week. No current plans for it to return.

I used one the previous weekend and it then went and came back but last night it was marked as expired - it never worked for me anyway and the nice chaps always had to do it manually on the till. Mind you last time I noticed it was valid for 24 hours - I know somewhere where there are 3 Neros within walking distance of each other so you could easily use the non working code in 3 shops :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anon wrote: »
    Panic over nothing, ordered online for collection, paid instore and they just typed the numbers in the till. £10 extra saved by using two £5 off voucher codes to order the giftcards. Hopefully 5% Q.

HTH

Anon

Just catching up. Delighted this worked for you, Anon.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    silvercar wrote: »
    Great list!

Virgin Red gives discounts on virgin trains and cafe nero in particular but also other random things as well as a points make prize draws.

Also sparks card from M&S. John Lewis loyalty card.

Virgin Red also gives you free wifi on the train, which I use every time!
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Just grabbed *coughs* a few Dr Oetker pizza vouchers off the FB messenger ap.

I know a lot of people are sick of them, but they are free food and very handy for a quick meal to just bung in the oven.

DS3 loves them. He has a pizza most days (and a pack of sausages)... weird diet!
    silvercar wrote: »
    It is the Virgin Red app you need.

I need to have a look at this...:D:D:D
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    shop v t
    Thought id get yogs while still 12 for £3 in t
    4 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Linda McCartney Meat Free 6 Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages (300g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce (395g) £0.20 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.55 N/A
    5x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £3.40 £1.25
    1x ASDA Smartprice Wrapping Foil (20x290) £0.65 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.25
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.25
    4x Muller Light Raspberry Doughnut Flavour Yogurt (165g) £2.72 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.36 £5.20
    +£5.16 cheaper
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Thanks for this I have added it to my favourites

I BOUGHT :rotfl: a wowcher course to get a NUS card Probably should have asked on here first There seems to be a reasonable number of places that do a discount with an NUS card so will recover at least some of the cost back

Sent DH to greggs with a voucher on the phone He says it worked and paid up also It did not come off So maybe next time I will just go myself

You have to delete them yourself.
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    scamps1966 wrote: »
    My kitchen was supposed to be finished last week but the painter was off sick!

He's been here today since 8am. When he turned up he asked me if I could put the heating on to help the paint dry. I put it on 17 degrees as that's what I always put it on and when I just checked, he'd put it up to 25 degrees!! No wonder i'm sat here sweating!

And to top it all he has an electric heater as well. Window is open and back door has been open for a while also!

Just checked my meter reading and since 8am he's used £4.27 gas and £2.34 of electric! :mad:

I hope he isn't here much longer as I use that much gas in a week and less than £1 a day for electric!

Cheeky !!!!!! . :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport