“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,026 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Can't believe it seems like my diary has been deleted now. 5 years worth gone :(

Oh no Sun Addict! That's awful!

They really ought to sort this problem once and for all.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Just another message of support. The basics are more than enough for now, look after yourself as best you can x
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning

Thank you all for stopping in with lovely messages. I appreciate you all following me around and still being here.

As usual these days my plans are pretty much sitting on the sofa :o I don't think I've ever watched so much rubbish TV ;)

Had a lovely delivery of flowers today but no idea who from. Random but kind.

Hope everyone has a good day x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Although sitting on the sofa gives lots of thinking time.

Things have shifted here and things have been said to certain family members and relationships broken. I feel guilty about some of how this worked out the position it put other 'innocent' people in, it needed to be said and done though and other than this I feel much lighter knowing certain things have been said.

I also realise how much 'we' as a house take for granted the simple things. How much me being unwell for now changes much of what we do. Especially the free side of things.

Walking - we don't have a car, public transport isn't cheap. So we walked 95% of the time. Now even just getting to appointments is adding in £30+ a week in taxi fares/bus fares on the better days. This also means free days out will now need a travel budget, not making them free :cool:

Cooking - Our food budget is so low by planning and cooking all the meals, picnics, snacks etc. I sent on pack lunch snack things this week and a few other things we bake and it was nearly the amount we'd spend on a weeks shop.

School - Paying someone to do school runs, smalls staying before/after school etc.

There's obviously more but I'd just keep rambling and I think this post is long already. No need to read my rubbish :o
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Although sitting on the sofa gives lots of thinking time.

Things have shifted here and things have been said to certain family members and relationships broken. I feel guilty about some of how this worked out the position it put other 'innocent' people in, it needed to be said and done though and other than this I feel much lighter knowing certain things have been said.

I also realise how much 'we' as a house take for granted the simple things. How much me being unwell for now changes much of what we do. Especially the free side of things.

Walking - we don't have a car, public transport isn't cheap. So we walked 95% of the time. Now even just getting to appointments is adding in £30+ a week in taxi fares/bus fares on the better days. This also means free days out will now need a travel budget, not making them free :cool:

Cooking - Our food budget is so low by planning and cooking all the meals, picnics, snacks etc. I sent on pack lunch snack things this week and a few other things we bake and it was nearly the amount we'd spend on a weeks shop.

School - Paying someone to do school runs, smalls staying before/after school etc.

There's obviously more but I'd just keep rambling and I think this post is long already. No need to read my rubbish :o

It's your diary, you post what you want - especially if it helps you to make sense of what's going on and what you want to happen. there has been a lot of sensible supportive posts recently about how meds can affect you and how you need to treat yourself kindly and as you would advise someone else to look after themselves - I appreciate this doesn't come easily to you, but do be gentle with yourself.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Dear WannabeFree, we are all glad to see you posting. It can’t be easy. We all want you to get better. You have been such an inspiration to us. Be kind and gentle to yourself, things will improve.
    Hugs .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    LOok after yourself.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Don't worry about what you post - always remember it might help someone else in a similar situation.

I can empathise with you on the no transport front. We can only go places that are walkable by me, Mr SA has his scooter but we have to use his wheelchair if we go by bus/train. It does limit you.

How lovely about the flowers, hope it made you smile.

Do whatever it takes to get yourself better xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Some utterly fab posts above there - they've said it all really!

I'll go against the grain re the night in the hotel though - if you can go, and enjoy, and relax, and appreciate, then great, but I suspect what would happen is you would go, feel guilty about the spend, feel that you shouldn't have done it or that you don't "deserve" it, and not get value from the experience. So for now, I agree with your decision not to do it.

SA I can't believe your diary has gone too! :mad::mad::mad: Can you post the details on that thread I started for WF's deletion over on tech support and hopefully Andrea will see it - we need to keep this flagged up as the problem it is as if it carries on happening it'll kill the diaries board. I confess I'm starting to wonder whether it's worthwhile carrying on posting on mine as it's always now in my mind how long before it just goes and "apparently" can't be recovered!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • WannabeFree
    edited 29 January 2018 at 1:21PM
    Morning. Well not quite but still.

EH I feel the same, it feels like such a waste to write posts knowing that at some point they'll be gone forever. The same for all the lovely replies and advice. It's annoying.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback