In the nick of time

Comments

• jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Hopefully your mum being back in her own surroundings will help her memory, definitely easy to get confused in hospital, if not hopefully they will figure out whatever is going on for her!

You will start to feel better about DD2 as time goes on I am sure, once she is settled and enjoying herself hopefully you will feel better! Boo about the stain, very naughty of the person and hard as I guess you cant prove she did it, even though you know it. Hopefully you work out the out of business deal, though I would think about insurances etc of having him stay without the back up of airbnb, but I am a massive worrier! Hope your lodger sorts himself out and you have a fab time away!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • I'm hoping that too Jodles

With all of our summer spending due to end next week (thank heavens) our food bill for September stands at £66. we have been home shopping ;) , and eating all of the hidden stuff.

Clearly that doesn't include our spends last weekend (£200 cash £100 card eating out £152 @apple and office and £41 petrol :eek: ) but thankfully we hadn't spent much on entertainment locally.

My birthday jeggings off mother didn't last well and have a strategic tear... Diet a must when I get back from hols. but i'm not buying a new pair... I'll have to make do with the ones I have.

I am bereft with empty nest ... I'm so sad.... keep trying not to cry, but failing often... getting a bit better but still tearful.... talking to a young med student yesterday set me off......
    then a student with punch injury came in,
    then a student with knife wound from cutting chorizo,
    then a student with sprained ankle,
    then an intoxicated student ,
    all of whom on freshers....... :(:(

Diversion therapy didn't quite work.... Time off again now.. going on hols in 2 days for a week... that will hopefully blow away the cobwebs, but i'm not too sure :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Love your account of your meetings with freshers....you foks are heroes/heroines..DD1 off to her first real party this eve and we are filled with more than a little trepidation...

Have a fantastic holiday reliving your youth.... :) and so pleased youre coming home to a number of financial milestones smashed or on their way to being smashed..you're amazing xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    At least most of the students were clever enough to get themselves into the hospital, and if you think about the amount of students there is more chance she will be fine than not statistically! Not sure that helps though! I hope you enjoy your time off!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• Brizzle, Jodles ,, thank you.. your kind words mean a lot

Back from hols today.... Wifi was pants in the apartment. And then we met a couple who scared the living daylights out of us, so after 2 evenings in their company we hid from them the rest of the time...

We spent 580 euros.. not too bad, unfortunately I've created a monster.. OH wants to save money all the time. have drinks out.. then cook in the apartment... I did complain he had the balance flipped the wrong way around. Did insist on getting a cab home from the airport :o

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back and ready to reorganise our little world.

House is dusty and needs blitzing
    Declutter clothes
    finish the odd jobs I've probably listed several times already
    Health kick... SW and exercise and no alcohol.

My pay next month will be a lot lower I imagine as I've not worked many out of hours/weekend shifts. So will OH's , we will have to be cautious... however we have some good bookings for October Mon - Wed nights with the same guy for at least a month.. then each weekend with bookings too... so we may not gain.. but will hopefully balance the books.

DD1 has informed me I'm babysitting 9-3 tomorrow...... because I haven't seen her for a week. Good job we don't go away too much.. the penance would be peppa pig marathons!!
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • I think we both have been feeling the effects of our empty nest... OH seems moody and flat. GD was a little terror yesterday... challenging... not wearing her coat in the pouring down rain.. OH a proper Victor Meldrew.... the years are stretching in front of me.. :o

Anyhow much brighter today.. DD2 has suggested coming home for reading week at the end of the month... will mean a trip south to collect and drop off... this time anyway. Time to dry my tears :D

bnb room booked by students last night, studying at Bath uni, from Beijing.. got another sneaky booking for tonight late last night and another 3 night guest monday. OH was not impressed as he does most of the bed making... and we have a christening today.. I told him to stop complaining as I gave him an extra £40 on Friday so he's been well and truly paid for it ;) (I will help him honestly)

Tonight's booking will put a halt on today's party.. but that is not too much of a bad thing. Tonight's eta is 7pm so loads of time but not certain on logistics, I did tell young students we would need stick to departure time of 12pm... so may go to church at 12:15 then come home to do quick clean and polish and bed change.. then back to town for reception... or just go for a couple of hours... It's is a really close friend's GD. She was our neighbour growing up and I babysat her boys. Then she was my childminder for our girls and worked in OH office before things went belly up. I think she would expect us there for the long haul. She's like another mum / grandmother

Decluttering commenced. house scrubbed yesterday. I threw away half a laundry basket of odd socks I've been nursing for about 10 years I would think... charity shop bag ready for tomorrow and 2 cash for clothes bags also waiting to leave... may get to eb@y tomorrow :D

Will do figures for the month on Tuesday when the accounts are up to date :D
  • Hope you had a great break, well deserved :T I just love reading your posts about bnb guests, you are so busy, decluttering as well, puts me to shame and at the same time, gives me inspiration and a kick up the proverbial :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • jodles16
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Nothing worse than making 'friends' with some people on holiday! Hope you got to relax a little! Good and bad news with the airbnb! Hope the christening went well and it all came together in the end!

Will be lovely to have you DD back again for a week Im sure!

1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

• Thanks AFK that's very kind, but I imagine lots of us get inspiration from you :)

jodles, all worked well... we went for our normal promenade walk to the supermarket to pick up room bits, text from guests on the way back saying they were leaving at 10:50... bumped into them on the prom, said goodbye, rushed home to iron, clean and bed change... bloody messy bu99ers. then quick shower and change dash to christening :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 October 2016 at 10:52AM
    Time for signature change :D

3rd quarter of the year and our mortgage balance is £169,800
    We've dropped down into the next £10k bracket :T:T
    OP's of £5800
    Reduced mortgage balance by £13k

Car Loan final payment took this morning... ZERO balance :T:T frees up £208 each month for mortgage :D

Some of this was shuffled to the zero% CC
    CC 0% £5460 will increase payment to £100 pcm next month in preparation for remortgage next year

Savings / emergency fund at £2500, hope to get to £3k this year and build to £4k next year.

Company shares £3k (cost to buy, should achieve more if sold)

S&S isa £120.... need to start paying this again, it's increased £20 this year

total debt reduction this year so far = £17200 :T:T
    house equity £106k value approx £275k
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback