“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    TBH your SOA looks fine to me.
    YOu need to eat & have a wee bit of a life so not to worry and you have enough to cover your rent & CT arrears so all good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    The only thing is that come the winter you might need to pay more for your gas but not to worry about that at the moment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Your budget for groceries is less than mine ;)
    As long as everyone is fed and there is little to no waste then you're doing fine.
    ... must revisit my shopping spends...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Morning lovely,

Your SOA looks great to me too, I wish mine looked as good as yours.

Have a lovely day xx
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Looks good wannabe xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning W,
    Your SOA looks fantastic to me. I don't think your groceries are too high. There are four of you and your children are well fed living on proper meals and not junk food. The same with birthdays, holidays and entertainment - you need to live and not just exist. And you're actually putting together an emergency fund!
    Honestly, I am amazed at how far you've come
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning W,
    Your SOA looks fantastic to me. I don't think your groceries are too high. There are four of you and your children are well fed living on proper meals and not junk food. The same with birthdays, holidays and entertainment - you need to live and not just exist. And you're actually putting together an emergency fund!
    Honestly, I am amazed at how far you've come

Absolutely ^^^^^ :T:T:T
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you, I've moved everything around and I think it's near enough where it should. I have £33 left in the bank so not far out.

The presents I thought might have been quite high as I only buy for my 3. But that's their birthdays/xmas/easter etc and includes everything needed for them (extra treat food/cake/decorations etc)

Before I just used the grocery budget for everything (entertainment/travel/gifts etc) and I was always finding me over budget and wondering why now it makes sense :o

The emergency fund is actually saved with credit union so I can't dip into it unless I go into town with ID and request to take it out. No temptation.

Youngest DLA goes into a separate account and pays for all her 'extras' nappies/medicines/pharmacy things along with some bigger things she's needed. For instance shoes I take the 'normal' amount from the clothing budget and top it up from her DLA to get the correct ones. Although she has been wearing 'normal' shoes when going out now as she realises hers where 'different'. But there is money there should we need an hospital trip late at night/an unplanned stay etc along with expenses of the city hospital trips.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    Forumite
    Morning :)

Thank you for all your replies :D

Hope you all have a good day!

Today will be another NSD. DD is feeling better but will leave going out until tomorrow to make sure we don't share it round.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,825
    Forumite
    You've done really well to turn everything around. SOA look good to me :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure