PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Section 21 and CCJ due to fees - help please

Options
124»

Comments

• sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So to rephrase my question in light of some of the answers:

Will a CCJ still appear on my history if there was no default on an Instalment Judgement Order?
    They are one and the same! At the hearing the Judge ordered you to pay £355 this is the CCJ.

The fact that it was agreed there and then to settle it in instalments is not relevant, it's still a CCJ.

CCJ is not necessarily linked to a default on payment.

And again, what does it matter given the fact that your credit file is wrecked by the DRO for the next 6 years anyway?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The only way to avoid a CCJ appearing on your file is to pay the judgement in full within 30 days. An agreed payment plan simply means the creditor cannot use enforcement whilst the payment plan is being adhered to.
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    The only way to avoid a CCJ appearing on your file is to pay the judgement in full within 30 days. An agreed payment plan simply means the creditor cannot use enforcement whilst the payment plan is being adhered to.

Thank you. I will try and persue getting the CCJ marked as satisfied.
  • biggysmaller
    biggysmaller Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 6 August 2018 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    So to answer my question, the answer is 'no'.

You have to appreciate that sympathy only goes so far. You knew you would not pay it. You knew you were getting a DRO.

Why are you even on here. You seem hellbent on passing aspersions and making up your own conclusions. You have no idea WHATSOEVER that I intended to get a DRO at the time of the Possession Order. I have reported you for your judgemental remarks and aggressive stance with my posts. You should not be on these boards.
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding here as to what the credit reporting agencies are reporting.

The credit reporting agencies report the existence of CCJs. They do not merely report report defaults on paying a CCJ.

It is true that there is a grace period whereby a CCJ is removed from the register if it is fully paid within 28 days, but you missed there.

You have a CCJ, and it is not satisfied. It will appear on your credit report for the next 6 years. It will appear as unsatisfied unless/until it is paid. All entirely fair and reasonable.

The DRO doesn't affect the reporting of the CCJ.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why are you even on here. You seem hellbent on passing aspersions and making up your own conclusions. You have no idea WHATSOEVER that I intended to get a DRO at the time of the Possession Order. I have reported you for your judgemental remarks and aggressive stance with my posts. You should not be on these boards.

Yes I do; you said you told the judge you were getting one...
  • financegeek
    financegeek Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    I'm confused

did you pay the £355.00 in full? either in installments or after the 30 days? if so, they should mark it as satisfied.

i can't see how if you paid £20.00 then didn't make further payments due to the DRO it would be marked as satisfied because it's not.

i think you're probably best just forgetting about this and moving on. i'm sure the DRO will have a bigger affect on how lenders view you than the CCJ.
  • norainbows
    norainbows Posts: 80 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I thought the OP said it was a DMP not a DRO? Does that make a difference to the advice given?
    Neurodiverse and struggling with not being 'normal'.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    norainbows wrote: »
    I thought the OP said it was a DMP not a DRO? Does that make a difference to the advice given?

I thought that too; but it seems it was a DRO.

Ultimately no it doesn’t change anything really.

The same as any other court action prior to the DRO being granted.

The debt is written off, but the information remains.

As another poster said a few times it’s kargely irrelevant. A CCJ on a credit report will make no difference when a DRO is there
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The thread should be moved to the bankruptcy board here.

The issue is nothing to do with property!

But basically the OP failed to pay the landlord's valid claim for court costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure