It's not a lot, but it's enough

Comments

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Good attitude towards the job... and at the end of the day even if you don't get it interviews like that are a great learning experience and help you prepare for the future
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • Morning all,

A quiet weekend was had. I worked on Saturday and spent Sunday cleaning and then seeing my Gran. So spends were low.

Not much planned for this week, although the weekend ahead will be busy. Again though, costs should be low.

Still no news on the job front, I expect news later this week. I'll keep you all posted.

Have a super week!
  • Good morning all,

I received news yesterday that I didn't get the job in Manchester. The email read;
    SPEKY was capable and very likeable, very confident and clearly a personable character. We all got on really with him and he interviewed very well.

We won’t progress him however, as we have two other candidates that are stronger for what we need.

However, my advice to SPEKY is that...[he has an excellent opportunity at his current employer]..and If he can prove he can do it then we absolutely wouldn’t rule him out in the future.

Please thank him for his time. I appreciate it was a long way for him to travel.

So not the news I was hoping for but the upside is I stay in Glasgow with my family and friends a bit longer. I phoned my Gran last night to tell her and she admitted to feeling glad I didn't get it. Onwards and forwards.

Nothing planned for this evening, which seems peculiar. I'll remedy that somehow.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh well, put it all down to experience
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Sorry you didn't get the job, but def positives of staying around family. I was gutted when I didn't get the last job I applied for till my colleague pointed out that I had experienced a much tougher interview which would prepare me well in future and it gave me the pointers of where I needed to gain experience, she said she always viewed the interviews of jobs she didn't get as the next step towards were she wanted to be rather than a slap backwards. Stuck with me and thought it was actually a really good point! So you have completed another step towards bigger and better things :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • Very well said JVR. Although the natural pessimist, I'm trying to take the positives from it like you mention.

As my mum would say "what's for you, won't go by you".

I woke up to a white wash of snow. Chaos. Colleagues, friends and family not going to work. I managed in, although it took much longer than usual. I expect I'll take a half day as it's still snowing pretty badly.

Right, must make the most of the few hours I've got in work.

Thanks again for the messages.
  • At least you got feedback, and the feedback was both positive and constructive - you can work with that for the next move whenever and wherever.
    Lots of snow here too - the sun keeps attempting to shine but the snow is winning at the moment. Stay safe.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£325.00 (65%)     INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£060.00 (13%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• I survived the snow, apologies for going quiet.

I was snowed in for 3 days and I couldn't log into here as my password had changed and I didn't want the fuss. Anyway. All is good.

Surprisingly, I've not much to report despite the absence. I turned down 2 nights out with friends due to funds. So while it's disappointing to miss out, I'm glad I'm not feeling guilty about spending where I can't afford. It's that sort of discipline I've been lacking of late.

Mothers Day coming up, and I'm working, but I'll visit with some flowers and a card. Again, I'm fighting my urge to spend more. I always feel guilty that I've under spent, but in this case, I've a budget and I'll stick to it.

I also need to go through my goals too, it's the 3rd month of the year for goodness sake!

Hope everyone is well.
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Speky,

I've been off and on lurking on your thread. Good luck with all that you do.

With regards to job opportunities away from your family, I would say: go for it. You can always come back, and (usually) with the additional work experience you have a better opportunity in your hometown.

Next time you have a job interview far away, could you ask if they can reimburse travelling costs? Some future employers do; maybe you can even check with the one you went to, still?
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hey Speky!

Just checking in. Glad all is going well with you. Sorry to hear about the not getting the job offer but once one door closes, another opens!

We had little snow here but we weren't snowed in.. more of a sprinkle!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business