“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you x

I don't really have much to say :o Especially not MSE wise. No shopping, no payments to anywhere, nothing done/changed. Focus is elsewhere. Although not in mse style I will need thank you gifts for those who have stepped in to parenting at last minute and have kept smalls happy. Will probably end up spending on some sort of cake thing for the smalls to do for my birthday too because I couldn't think of anything worse than trying to bake one right now :o never mind eat it :o I will have to keep them happy though.

Meds have to stay for now. They will review them in 48 hours and if they've kickstarted what's needed then maybe take a step back on strength to something a little 'nicer'

However at least I'm actually sat up today and have had a brew.

Thank you for all the support here and elsewhere :A x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Birthdays - tell the smalls that you are deferring yours for a month, and set a date next month to celebrate it. (No - not the 29th, cheeky!) Explain ot them that you will enjoy that FAR more than doing it on your actual birthday. They will understand, and "get" that.

Gifts for those who've stepped in to parenting - a "thank you" and a small bunch of flowers (literally just a 99p bunch of daffs or whatever is in the shops) served up with a huge hug of gratitude would be above and beyond what I would wish for in those circumstances, and I bet those people would feel the same.

Take your tablets, take it easy, follow instructions and get yourself better soon. x
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, I couldn't agree more with the last couple of posts from Essex. I hope you're feeling better soon x
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • WannabeFree
    Thank you.

I've requested updated balances on Council tax and Rent arrears along with the court costs.

In light of everything else going on and in non MSE fashion. We are no longer going to the planned caravan for our holidays.

I have booked the holidays for somewhere else, somewhere different and that we can enjoy without it being used against us/something for someone to have a hold over us. Yes it costs money however I've worked it in and they aren't expensive abroad holidays etc. Just somewhere quite local but far enough away to be a break. Everything else will be the same cost wise (free entertainment/food shop and no eating out etc) The only extra cost is the actual accommodation, which as I say the benefits of doing it this way more than outweigh the cost.

Anyway enough trying to justify the costs, it isn't something I've jumped into. I have thought about it long and hard.

I have cleared the credit card today and just made standard payments to rent and bills.

I don't need to do a food shop etc as I doubt the smalls will be back this week. I do need to send money to school for breakfast club and after school club, Plus a trip for DD.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Thank you.

I've requested updated balances on Council tax and Rent arrears along with the court costs.

In light of everything else going on and in non MSE fashion. We are no longer going to the planned caravan for our holidays.

I have booked the holidays for somewhere else, somewhere different and that we can enjoy without it being used against us/something for someone to have a hold over us. Yes it costs money however I've worked it in and they aren't expensive abroad holidays etc. Just somewhere quite local but far enough away to be a break. Everything else will be the same cost wise (free entertainment/food shop and no eating out etc) The only extra cost is the actual accommodation, which as I say the benefits of doing it this way more than outweigh the cost.

Anyway enough trying to justify the costs, it isn't something I've jumped into. I have thought about it long and hard.

I have cleared the credit card today and just made standard payments to rent and bills.

I don't need to do a food shop etc as I doubt the smalls will be back this week. I do need to send money to school for breakfast club and after school club, Plus a trip for DD.

x

You've certainly been productive :D well done on clearing the cc :T

Where are you thinking of going? I think it'll be good to go somewhere different for a change. Xx
  • WannabeFree
    You've certainly been productive :D well done on clearing the cc :T

Where are you thinking of going? I think it'll be good to go somewhere different for a change. Xx

I thought I was productive considering I still haven't moved of the sofa :rotfl:

Just H@ven Easter near Blackpool (so I can test out taking the smalls on my own to somewhere new and its near enough to home to come home early if needed) Then Wales for the one in October.

We have an invite to join friends in June too but I don't want to commit to that one until we know where friendships etc will be at the time.

x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My kids loved Haven sites , you will have a good time. As you say if you don’t feel comfortable it is near enough to come home.

Good news on clearing the CC . Completely agree with everything you said about the other caravan.

Hoping as everyday passes you are getting better .
  • WannabeFree
    I also like that we can pretty much stay on site if we wanted and not be bored too.

The other caravan just kept the ties to certain people too close. I can't completely cut them out but this way I can keep them at arms length and other than them wanting to see small ones there is nothing that makes me beholden to them anymore.

It's been hard to make that decision and it's not what I wanted but enough is enough and I have to be a big girl

I haven't braved doing anything today, not even made a coffee. I am at least able to sit on here for an hour though so that's an improvement x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You have to do what’s right for you and your children. If I remember rightly I don’t think we ever went off the sites either , more than enough to do on site. Plus you can go back to the caravan for eating and drinking so keeps the price affordable.

I know you said you haven’t been able to do much, but have you sorted your benefits out ? I understand this may be at the bottom of your list .
  • WannabeFree
    You have to do what’s right for you and your children. If I remember rightly I don’t think we ever went off the sites either , more than enough to do on site. Plus you can go back to the caravan for eating and drinking so keeps the price affordable.

I know you said you haven’t been able to do much, but have you sorted your benefits out ? I understand this may be at the bottom of your list .

I have sorted most out, I need to drop some things in to the town hall but haven't been able too. They have been understanding though. I'm going to try and get a taxi into town next week to do it while attending an appointment I need to go to anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback