Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope you manage an early night, and have a lovely weekend :D
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Right I'm up and at 'em, I've had a brew and wrote a mahoosive to do list for myself for the week which will hopefully keep me organised.
    • Clear patio
    • Paint pallet furniture
    • Paint door of downstairs loo
    • Sort out paperwork and filing
    • List shoes on Facebook or eBay (I've still no got round to this)
    • Go through DC's wardrobes and make list of what clothes are needed for summer hols.
    • Get Father's Day treats DH, FIL, Dad - possibly bake cakes
    • Close savings accounts (found 2 Britannia books with small amounts in)
    • Meal plan for the week and buy essentials
    • Weed garden borders
    • Book a days holiday from work for sports day
    • Sort childcare, so we actually know who is picking DD up :rotfl:

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • emmie26
    edited 17 June 2017 at 9:58PM
    - [STRIKE]Clear patio[/STRIKE] - one trip to the incinerator and the rest moved to another part of the garden. This has been a dumping ground since the extension so it's good to see it looking clear.
    - [STRIKE]Paint pallet furniture[/STRIKE] helped by DD, found a full tub of wood stain in the shed so didn't need to spend anything.
    - Paint door of downstairs loo
    - [STRIKE]Sort out paperwork and filing[/STRIKE] got a bit of shredding to do but otherwise sorted. I had added this to the list because I needed to find DS's PIN number but still haven't found it, I think we'll have to ask for a new one.
    - List shoes on Facebook or eBay (I've still no got round to this)
    - Go through DC's wardrobes and make list of what clothes are needed for summer hols.
    - [STRIKE]Get Father's Day treats DH, FIL, Dad - possibly bake cakes[/STRIKE] spent £5 on DH and £5 on my dad, just got some real ales and some nibble bits from Aldi, this is way less than I usually get my dad I hope it's ok!
    - Close savings accounts (found 2 Britannia books with small amounts in)
    - [STRIKE]Meal plan for the week and buy essentials[/STRIKE] decided on chicken and veg curry, lasagne, sausage and jacket, pork baps, fajitas, chicken dinner (Sunday), this will take us until payday. I spent £15 at Aldi on essentials and DH went to the butchers. The £15 has had to come out of my own money so that added to the £5 for my dad means I have £12 to last me until 26th.
    - [STRIKE]Weed garden borders[/STRIKE] cleared 8m in the blistering heat but then had to call it a night as I was shattered and had loads of other things to do.
    - Book a days holiday from work for sports day
    - [STRIKE]Sort childcare, so we actually know who is picking DD up [/STRIKE] DH Monday and Tuesday, me Wednesday, my mum Thursday and MIL Friday. It's written down now so hopefully no disasters :rotfl:

I've had to pay the deposit for next years may holiday today so £273 has come out of the holiday budget. There was only £250 in the holiday budget for this month but we won't have to pay any more holiday money until next year so it will build up.

I've had a day of almost falling off the wagon :o I've been looking at garden furniture sets because I really want a table, I was going to take the money out of my emergency savings and not say anything on the forum, but then I realised I'm on here for a reason, to keep me on the straight and narrow and I can't have everything all at once. To stop me from being naughty at the end of the month I am going to do a summary of my debt and savings so that I can't lie. I was never really truthful about the savings because I sort of see it as 'available' or 'spare' money and at the moment there is no such thing. I AM IN DEBT :mad:

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't take from the emergency fund and you stopped yourself. I think most would be lying if they said they'd never been tempted by something.

As for being honest about the savings on here, again that's up to you. The main thing is be honest to yourself about the debt and savings.
  • emmie26
    edited 17 June 2017 at 11:36PM
    Don't be too hard on yourself. You didn't take from the emergency fund and you stopped yourself. I think most would be lying if they said they'd never been tempted by something.

As for being honest about the savings on here, again that's up to you. The main thing is be honest to yourself about the debt and savings.

Me and my conscience have a weird relationship where we will lie to one another, I need the forum to be my conscience until I've reset :rotfl:

debt reduced by 32%
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What it is with you and tables (I only shout at you about tables apparently :rotfl:)

Well done for resisting though and not taking the money out of your emergency fund :D
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Do your ebay listings then that money could go to a table guilt free :p
  • emmie26
    Radish72 wrote: »
    What it is with you and tables (I only shout at you about tables apparently :rotfl:)

Well done for resisting though and not taking the money out of your emergency fund :D

Haha I am obsessed with tables :rotfl: I think I've found my weak spot, the irony is I'm not a very good cook, so what I intend to do at the table I do not know :D
    My mission now is to get enough money to get the table, it's only cheap £299 so will probably fall apart by next year when I can buy myself another table :o

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Do your ebay listings then that money could go to a table guilt free :p

That needs to be today's mission, operation outside table is in action!
    :cool:

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    emmie26 wrote: »
    That needs to be today's mission, operation outside table is in action!
    :cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl: at this rate it will be operation outside table for next summer :p :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure