Joined 31.05.16

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    123 days of loan left. The money is tight. Only 2 more payments totalling £306 before closing for ever.

Trying to do things I enjoy that cost no money. Last night radox bath and book. Tonight reading book in bed with hot water bottle, tea and chocolate.
    Tommorow sausages, rice and peas. Tonight spaghetti bolognese.

I have 2 food things i think I am going to have to throw away. I hate throwing food away. It makes me feel so depressed, even if it actually has mould on it I feel so guilty and so sad.
    I bought the wrong oven chips and they are about 70% salt and completely disgusting. And I found some budget spaghetti and honestly i can taste the difference. I am used to wholegrain and love it but this isn't so must be old and just tastes horrible. I think both are going in the bin. I feel bad but I think it needs to be done.

Seriously wanted dominos pizza coming home. I was so hungry on the train thinking about dinners. Forced myself to eat the spaghetti bolognese and it was filling bit I think i would have been happier with a pizza. If I feel like that again this week im getting one. I was so tempted and so hungry. This weather makes you just want to do nothing but eat.

Took lunch in today.
    Got some work christmas costs and boots essentials.
    Tommorow nothing then wednesday and Thursday lots of bills and thursday lunch out, no alcohol.

3 days and 3 weeks to payday.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hey lovely,

38.00 black Friday spends are good, I think I was about 60ish.

I didn't really need anything though so that was still 60 too much LOL

Well done for resisting the Domino's, my will power is so bad right now so it is.

122 day of your loan left - eeeeek!

Dxxx
  • reality_check
    Options
    I constantly get text messages from Dominos with offers - this isn't good as puts you in the mood for one when you hadn't even been thinking of one. The one I go to always has an offer on for a large pizza for £8.99 if you collect it, much better than £18.50 when they deliver it. Worth a call if you're able to pick it up - might even be cheaper to get a taxi home depending how far lol

It is def this weather, I swear all I do is what to eat right now. I'll need rolled in the New Year if I keep it up. I am also typing this with a cup of tea and a Twirl.

I used to buy expensive branded pasta, but I really don't taste the difference and only buy the cheapest now. I hate brown pasta so if you're used to that then probs why you don't like it. Pop it into the food bank basket if you have one at your supermarket that you go to (if you have some unopened packs that is!) And with the chips could try adding some herbs/spices to season them and see if that makes a difference before you chuck them?

xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I refuse to buy Dominoes, it is totally overpriced. You can get gorgeous pizzas from M&S and other supermarkets that are just as nice.

£10 for one pizza!!!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Louby You do talk a lot of sense but to me dominos is king and definitely unbeatable. I need to work hard to resist. Managed so far but it is a battle. Almost ran home today I was so cold so no thinking about calling into kebab or chip shop.

Today I had cheese on toast for tea and nsd. Tommorow should be nsd but possibly small food shop. I have run out of everything. But take lunch in.

I would foodbank it reality but its half open so just going to bin both. I will only buy brown now. Its a massive difference to me. The non whole grain tastes really slimy and like fairly liquid! Never again.

Thanks Dolly for my countdown. Getting there. This month is so hard. Its all lunches and invites and wanting new sparkly things. Trying to stay at home as much as possible. A few friends have said they are also not drinking at the moment (but neither for money reasons) so that makes it easier.

I think I can get away with not drinking easily until week beginning 5th december. Then it gets a bit more challenging.
    Mortgage tommorow then rest of bills to follow. Need to sit tight.

As Louby says nothing will change unless I make changes so i am trying. 122 days of loan to go before it gets easier. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    120 days of loan. Nsd yesterday. A few costs today and then some at the weekend. 3 weeks to payday. 12th day no drinking but some social occasions planned where it will be tough not to.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done PSL.

12 days is a long time!

Great work on the NSD aswell, I need to get back into that.

Dxxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thanks Dolly. I had a strong word with myself on the alcohol. Did something quite stupid which I am publicly pretending I don't remember. Not dangerous just extremely embarrassing. I cant let that happen again. So trying hard on that and feeling like that is a good decision.

I did a balance transfer today so put even more on mbna at 0% over from 18% card.

Need to pay balance on first credit card and then close.
    Then close the loan
    Then pay off anything in overdraft
    Then pay off halifax.
    Then sainsbury
    Then mbna.
    Then debt free.

Went for lunch today, it was in the plans. But no plans for tommorow. Food shop saturday. Need lots of things but trying to eat things in the freezer.

This weekend will be quiet which will help.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    119 days of loan. Work is manic, long hours. Proper post later. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey PSL - you are doing great - only £306 of loan payment to go - I am SOOOO jealous!

X Ramble
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport