Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• FOREVER21 wrote: »
    Nothing stops you moving back to Eon if they will be cheaper, including, of course, any exit fees payable.

E.On have just released v20 of their 1 Year Fix replacing the short-lived v19.

Their estimate for me is £1206 on v20 compared to £901 on v19 - an increase of over 33%, and I thought prices were coming down!!

I'm so glad I didn't delay switching to v19 from another E.On tariff.
  • chas1999 wrote: »
    E.On have just released v20 of their 1 Year Fix replacing the short-lived v19.

Their estimate for me is £1206 on v20 compared to £901 on v19 - an increase of over 33%, and I thought prices were coming down!!

I'm so glad I didn't delay switching to v19 from another E.On tariff.

Hi chas1999

Glad you were able to go on to the tariff you wanted. Have you signed up for Price Alerts? This is an online service for customers on our fixed price tariffs like the Fixed 1 Year version 19 you're on. If you have, we'll send an email if a new version of the tariff becomes available. This will be no later than 10 days after the new version launches. It's a good way of keeping on top of any future developments and, if it's of interest, you can switch straightaway without picking up an exit fee. You can opt in online or over the phone.

Hope this is of interest chas1999.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi chrylent and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. What happened? How did we let you down?

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • savetilibleed
    savetilibleed Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2016 at 11:37PM
    Glad you were able to go on to the tariff you wanted. Have you signed up for Price Alerts? This is an online service for customers on our fixed price tariffs like the Fixed 1 Year version 19 you're on. If you have, we'll send an email if a new version of the tariff becomes available. This will be no later than 10 days after the new version launches. It's a good way of keeping on top of any future developments and, if it's of interest, you can switch straightaway without picking up an exit fee. You can opt in online or over the phone.

Malc,
    Is this true for the uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 2015? I've opted in anyway?

By the way (I might have asked before :o) my account page says please enter meter readings by 9 March, with a enter now link. If I enter reading today, for example, will the bill be produced at that date with those readings, or issued on 9 March by interpolating from today's entered readings?
  • Hi chas1999

Hope this is of interest chas1999.

Malc
    Thank you, Malc, for the informative reply. I opted for Price Alerts from Day 1 and have taken advantage previously. However I was not informed about v19. I found out about it here on this forum. Prior to v19 I was on the MSE collective so I guess that's the reason why.

E,On did inform me about v20 and that it cost more. However no reason was given for a higher tariff when other companies appear to be lowering theirs. I notice you failed to give a reason too.

I have not been informed about the new EHL Collective with E.On which appears to be cheaper than v19 overall - gas cheaper, electric dearer.

I just find it odd that there are 2 new tariffs offered at about the same time for the same 1-Year DF Fix, one 30odd% higher, the other 5% cheaper than the previous equivalent.
  • @savetilibleed

When you enter a reading in Eon website, it gives you the choice to create a bill (as at the date of the meter reading) so yes you can get a bill as at today if you wish. And if you do create a bill, it will not issue a bill on the 9th March (As far as I can remember)
  • Malc,
    Is this true for the uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 2015? I've opted in anyway?

By the way (I might have asked before :o) my account page says please enter meter readings by 9 March, with a enter now link. If I enter reading today, for example, will the bill be produced at that date with those readings, or issued on 9 March by interpolating from today's entered readings?

Morning savetilibleed

No, not for collective tariffs like the uSwitch Fixed 1 Year Collective Oct 2015. Price Alerts are an online service for customers on our fixed price products. Those signed up receive an email letting them know if a new version of their tariff is released. Collectives are one off standalone tariffs available only through third parties like uSwitch. As such, no new versions will be released.

As you've done, it's still possible to sign up for alerts even though you're on a tariff that isn't eligible. Although you won't receive them now, you will should you switch to an eligible tariff in the future.

Sounds like you're in the billing window. For quarterly billed customers, this is open 14 days either side of the next bill date. The first set of readings entered whilst the window is open automatically create a bill. So, yes, if you enter readings today, a bill will be issued to these readings up to today's date. Once done, another bill won't be issued on 9 March. If we don't receive readings by 9 March, we'll raise an estimated bill.

As gsmlnx says, there's an online tool called 'Real Time Billing' that lets you issue your own bills. When you pop in meter readings, you'll have the option of either seeing the balance that would result or actually creating a bill by choosing 'request a bill.' This option isn't there when inside the billing window until the first set of readings are entered.

Hope this helps savetilibleed. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
  • chas1999 wrote: »
    Thank you, Malc, for the informative reply. I opted for Price Alerts from Day 1 and have taken advantage previously. However I was not informed about v19. I found out about it here on this forum. Prior to v19 I was on the MSE collective so I guess that's the reason why.

E,On did inform me about v20 and that it cost more. However no reason was given for a higher tariff when other companies appear to be lowering theirs. I notice you failed to give a reason too.

I have not been informed about the new EHL Collective with E.On which appears to be cheaper than v19 overall - gas cheaper, electric dearer.

I just find it odd that there are 2 new tariffs offered at about the same time for the same 1-Year DF Fix, one 30odd% higher, the other 5% cheaper than the previous equivalent.

Hi chas1999

Glad my earlier reply was useful. You're right, as you were on a collective tariff, you wouldn't have received a Price Alert email as per my reply to savetilibleed above.

Pricing and tariffs are business decisions taken at a much higher level than Helena, Amy or myself. Our primary task is to help sort out or explain mainly customer service issues. We're happy to let you know as much as we can but aren't here to defend or justify business decisions. This is down to the gaffers. I can tell you they're fully aware of the comments on this thread and others but, ultimately, it's down to them as to what they want us to share on a public forum.

Apart from in the 'Could You Pay Less' message on bills/statements, annual summaries or renewals, we won't tell customers about collective tariffs like the current EHL Collective. They're offered through third parties and we're not allowed to sell, promote or market them. If we did, we may be breaking our licence conditions.

Sorry I'm unable to shed any light on our pricing decisions but hope you understand why.

Malc
  • gsmlnx wrote: »
    @savetilibleed

When you enter a reading in Eon website, it gives you the choice to create a bill (as at the date of the meter reading) so yes you can get a bill as at today if you wish. And if you do create a bill, it will not issue a bill on the 9th March (As far as I can remember)

Spot on gsmlnx. The only thing to be aware of is, if an account is in the billing window as per my reply to savetilibleed (post 558) above, the bill will be created automatically once readings are entered. The option to 'request a bill' won't be there. This option will return once the bill is on the account (usually within 24 hours).

Hope this helps.

Malc
  • Switched as part of the MSE Fixed 1 Year Collective Sept 2015 Online but E-On switched the wrong meter even though I gave them the correct serial number. Fortunately we also own the other building that they switched in error thus avoiding the embarrassment of having to tell the neighbours that their supply had been moved in error. I have not written before because it has taken this long to sort the issue out, which resulted in the wrongly switched meter being removed!? I was offered £50 as compensation which just about covers the savings I would have had if switch had taken place in September/October (E-on took over supply of correct meter in December). I will now have to pay for a new meter to be installed at a later date if I wish supply to other building to be reinstated. Awaiting letter from Resolution Team so I can then take complaint to Ombudsman. The joys of switching!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback