Amazon Refuse Exchange

2»

Comments

• RobUK360
    RobUK360 Posts: 6 Forumite
    As the underlying tech is GSync, all Gsync monitors, from all manufacturers seem to have this issue. As I have a Geforce graphics card, I cannot use use freesync technology. So there are no other options for me unless I don't want GSync, which I do for tear free gaming. I have so far tried a few fixes and so far it has improvd. I am still on the fence as to keeping it or getting a refund.

mije1983 wrote: »
    So surely you definitely want a refund then so you can purchase a different type of monitor?

Why would you want an exchange if you say it's a common problem?
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You seem to have two issues.

1. GSync is not a replacement for a decent specced machine. Your computer still needs to be up to the task. With tearing I suspect it is not. try lower settings.

2. You bought into nvidia's nonsense. The yare horrible proprietory nonsense. Yes there top end cards are better than amd, but only idiots buy them, unless you paid over £2000 for your machine they are pointless. (machine not the gfx card(s) which are on top)
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If you refuse the refund then go to Dell you contract with Amazon is at an end.

However, if you contact Amazon and they give you permission to go to Dell then your contract stays with Amazon for any future problems.

This is the way it usually works, when a retailer tells you to take it up with the manufacture your contract stays with that retailer. It's only when you go over their head that the retailer can decline to assist further.
  • RobUK360
    RobUK360 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thank you for your informative post. Really appreciate it. I have changed some settings now and I'm happy with it. So will be keeping it.

Pity this forum is full of other unhelpful and bitter people. Probably won't stay around.

Regards

Rob.

bris wrote: »
    If you refuse the refund then go to Dell you contract with Amazon is at an end.

However, if you contact Amazon and they give you permission to go to Dell then your contract stays with Amazon for any future problems.

This is the way it usually works, when a retailer tells you to take it up with the manufacture your contract stays with that retailer. It's only when you go over their head that the retailer can decline to assist further.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    RobUK360 wrote: »
    Thank you for your informative post. Really appreciate it. I have changed some settings now and I'm happy with it. So will be keeping it.

Pity this forum is full of other unhelpful and bitter people. Probably won't stay around.

Regards

Rob.

How is it unhelpful to tell you what your legal rights are? That would appear to be why you posed a question in the first place. Or is it just that, in your view, the replies are unhelpful and bitter because they weren't the ones you wanted to hear?

This is a "consumer rights" board, not a "consumer wants" one.
  • its_all_over
    its_all_over Posts: 183 Forumite

Regards

Rob.

That's a rather nasty post when everyone has taken the time to answer and given you spot on advice that is correct. You shouldn't get nasty just because you don't like the correct answer.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    LilElvis wrote: »
    How is it unhelpful to tell you what your legal rights are? That would appear to be why you posed a question in the first place. Or is it just that, in your view, the replies are unhelpful and bitter because they weren't the ones you wanted to hear?

This is a "consumer rights" board, not a "consumer wants" one.
    That's a rather nasty post when everyone has taken the time to answer and given you spot on advice that is correct. You shouldn't get nasty just because you don't like the correct answer.

Seems to be on ongoing trend unfortunately if posters don't like the responses.

What people don't seem to realise is, being nice to newbies doesn't mean telling them what they want to hear.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary

As others have said, you'll be a big loss.

In the real world, you are going to need to get a bit more robust in dealing with not hearing what you want to or people criticising. Let me guess - you're in your early or mid 20s?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure