“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Glad you had a lovely day. Things are so much better when the sun is shining :)

Agreed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Lovely to see the sun still shining :)

Thank you for the lovely comments.

We are having a home day today. Smalls are outside playing while we do bits to the garden. We've added more to the treehouse and built swings onto it this weekend. (all free ;)) Need to try and make some more seating in there for them though as they have too many friends for seats now :rotfl:

I really wanted to pop to the supermarket for salad things :o But I think I've been talked out of it and dinner will be all the leftover bits and things that need using up. Grocery shop coming tomorrow so I'm sure I can wait for the salad. I do really want some though :o :rotfl:

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It sounds like you're having a lovely weekend Wannabe. It makes such a difference when the weather is nice. The tree house and swings sound amazing :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    It sounds like you're having a lovely weekend Wannabe. It makes such a difference when the weather is nice. The tree house and swings sound amazing :).

From me too.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Treehouse and swings sound absolutely fantastic. Your smalls are going to have such happy childhood memories. Well done for being such a brilliant mum :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    Ah I hope they do have good memories SA, as long as they are happy :)

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Morning :)

Lovely weather again today, it surprised me the news said rain! Not complaining though. Washing hung out and the grass cleaned :D

Smalls in school happy and well :) Even youngest has got a bit of a tan this weekend! They had factor 50 on but older two are like me and tan really well/easily where as youngest is really ghost white :rotfl:

Sainsbugs coming at lunch time - finally have some salad :rotfl: £60.05 spent :o Does include my cans of diet coke and dog food though!

I still haven't sorted something to wear! and it's a week today!

x
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,026 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like a super weekend! Love the treehouse and swings - and all the kids getting out to play.

Enjoy your salad :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • WannabeFree
    Today marks 1 year since coming to sort this mess :beer:

Debt 09/05/2017 VS Debt 09/05/2018

Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £1066 (£1026.71 paid)
    Court Fine [STRIKE]£1250[/STRIKE] £725 (£525 Paid)
    Court Fine [STRIKE]£200 [/STRIKE] (£200 Paid)
    Person 1 [STRIKE]£1000[/STRIKE] (£1000 paid)
    Person 2 [STRIKE]£1000[/STRIKE] (£1000 paid)
    Person 3 [STRIKE]£1379 [/STRIKE] (£1379 paid)
    Person 4 [STRIKE]£427[/STRIKE] (£427 paid)
    Debt Total [STRIKE]£7348.71[/STRIKE] £1791 (£5557.71 Paid)

Rent Arrears [STRIKE]£3381.28[/STRIKE] £2640 (£741.28 paid)

Total [STRIKE]£10729.99[/STRIKE] £4431 (£6298.99 Paid)

*Person 4 [STRIKE]£575[/STRIKE] £575 Paid
    *New Debt [STRIKE]£732[/STRIKE] £732 Paid
    *Debt 1 [STRIKE]£387.29[/STRIKE] £387.29 Paid
    *Debt 2 [STRIKE]£1451.40[/STRIKE] £1451.40 Paid
    *Debt 3 [STRIKE]£1137.73[/STRIKE] £1137.73 Paid
    *EDF [STRIKE]£3140.65[/STRIKE] £3140.65 Paid

Total [STRIKE]£18154.06[/STRIKE] £4431 (£13723.06 Paid)

[STRIKE]*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    [/STRIKE]

Some of these as you know where cleared with help etc. But it places the picture of how things stand today compared to when I started. Only the Council Tax and Rent are mine. The fine isn't.

Over the last 12 months lots has changed, not just the debt. The household situation has shifted lots. Youngest has had some good and bad times health wise. Me and youngest have had some scary results and things. Overall we are so much happier as a family. We have holidays planned, they had an amazing Xmas and birthdays and while I do still have ups and downs with my MH I think the bigger picture is we are all better off for the changes that have been made.

I've made some amazing friends that will [STRIKE]hopefully[/STRIKE] be friends for life

Thank you :A
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Great update and well done you on clearing more than 75% of that debt. Do you have an arrangement re clearing council tax and rent arrears?
    Sounds like your littlest is doing better healthwise now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback