IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Wrong registration number entered on ticket machine

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    do I save it as a jpeg or a pdf file?
    How does it matter? You attach a document that can be read as an email attachment.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fadeinout
    fadeinout Posts: 116
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    How does it matter? You attach a document that can be read as an email attachment.

I was just curious if the court system only accepted one format over another.

I've now emailed off my defence to the court. I did not get an automated email confirming they had received it, perhaps they manually send a received confirmation, in which case i would need to wait until tomorrow at the earliest.
  • fadeinout
    Forumite
    Still no email confirmation, but ive just logged into MCOL and under claim history it shows my defence has been received and now DQ has been sent to me.
    Can this be returned by email or is that by post only?
    I have the recommended answers saved in my bookmarks in readiness for it
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,430
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Send the DQ to the same CCBCAQ email address and a copy to the claimant.
  • fadeinout
    Forumite
    KeithP wrote: »
    Send the DQ to the same CCBCAQ email address and a copy to the claimant.

Thanks Keith
  • fadeinout
    Forumite
    Is it best to email the DQ to the Claimant or send via post?

Could possibly request a read receipt on the email? Or send via recorded Royal Mail delivery.
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 3 May 2018 at 7:39PM
    Never 'recorded delivery' - not to PPCs or their solicitors. Expecting them to sign, then wondering what you do when they refuse and the letter is NOT delivered! Think about it!

Email is fine, as is a letter posted at a PO Counter asking for a FREE certificate of posting receipt, which you then take home & staple to a copy of your DQ you've kept for your file.

I would attach a covering letter with the Claimant's solicitor's copy of your DQ and tell them that as the defence confirms that you were not driving and the NTK was a non-POFA one, they should discontinue rather than waste the court's and your time on a meritless claim. Finish by saying if they proceed further with this harassment of a party who cannot be held liable under any applicable law, you will ask for costs on the indemnity basis when you prevail at the hearing, and will make a formal complaint to the ICO about the parking company misusing KADOE data to pursue a keeper outwith the POFA.

State that this claim is a step which breaches the data protection principles and goes well beyond the sole purpose that the DVLA supplied the keeper's data, which (based on the strict KADOE rules) can only ever be in a non-POFA case, to 'enquire who was driving' and not to sue the keeper themselves.
  • fadeinout
    Forumite
    Never 'recorded delivery' - not to PPCs or their solicitors. Expecting them to sign, then wondering what you do when they refuse and the letter is NOT delivered! Think about it!

Email is fine, as is a letter posted at a PO Counter asking for a FREE certificate of posting receipt, which you then take home & staple to a copy of your DQ you've kept for your file.

I would attach a covering letter with the Claimant's solicitor's copy of your DQ and tell them that as the defence confirms that you were not driving and the NTK was a non-POFA one, they should discontinue rather than waste the court's and your time on a meritless claim. Finish by saying if they proceed further with this harassment of a party who cannot be held liable under any applicable law, you will ask for costs on the indemnity basis when you prevail at the hearing, and will make a formal complaint to the ICO about the parking company misusing KADOE data to pursue a keeper outwith the POFA.

State that this claim is a step which breaches the data protection principles and goes well beyond the sole purpose that the DVLA supplied the keeper's data, which (based on the strict KADOE rules) can only ever be in a non-POFA case, to 'enquire who was driving' and not to sue the keeper themselves.

Thanks for the advice, as always.

There is no mention of a solicitors in any form in the claim, just VCS. Does this sound right?

I will fill in the DQ, save a pdf copy, attach the pdf and covering letter as you suggest and email them the 2 documents. I can only find one email address for vcs, info@vehiclecontrol.co.uk
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Ah OK I forgot yours was a speculative claim direct from VCS.

Same advice applies and yes you could try that email addy. I would also post a copy and get a free certificate of posting and keep it in your file for later.
  • fadeinout
    Forumite
    Ah OK I forgot yours was a speculative claim direct from VCS.

Same advice applies and yes you could try that email addy. I would also post a copy and get a free certificate of posting and keep it in your file for later.

They are so outraged by this case and so convinced they have a viable claim, they didn’t even bother to involve their solicitor!!

I will fire off a couple of copies as you suggest and see if they reply

Thank You
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family