ebay featured shops

Options
apologies- I know we have some older threads on this but I am looking for up to date information since the fee changes and the VAT.

My question is for anyone with a current featured shop, I know there is a fiasco about the £10 supplies voucher, is that still ongoing as I'm currently ignoring that as an incentive for upgrading. Do you see any benefit from the international exposure or listing upgrades?

I am looking to expand a little and on basic costs it looks like upgrading on ebay makes more economic sense than increasing my tiny retail space. I'm just mulling the ideas over.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't see any evidence that I get any benefits over a standard shop. I am contemplating reducing listings by utilising the multi listing format and scaling down to a standard shop. The packing voucher is next to useless for me. Coupled with the VAT situation, a featured shop now has a lot to prove and I don't see it doing it for me.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    I moved to a featured shop when eBay dropped the 50,000 freebies.

My sales immediately fell off the cliff. (It was that noticeable!!)

I kept it for a another month and then reverted back to a standard shop. and archived 1500 listings for a later day.

Sales have been slowly picking up since on much smaller numbers of items.

IMHO the only person to benefit from a shop upgrade is eBay....
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a private account. And I bit the bullet and upgraded my business account to a featured shop. My sales were pants. Downgraded to a basic shop.

I done a trial and listed similar /same items in both private and business account and I get far more sales in my private account???
    I honestly can't fathom out ebay at the moment. I still get 'batches ' of sales. Either by area or catagory/product.
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    I done a trial and listed similar /same items in both private and business account and I get far more sales in my private account???

Now that's a little experiment I keep meaning to do.. I'm also convinced that the results will be the same as yours. (probably why I haven't done it)

The obvious answer has to be eBay's highly suspect search engine.

private account sellers are probably keen buyers (more so than business sellers) so if cassini is weighted just a little in that direction....
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    EBay has gone crap again

As it's going to be start of the run up to Christmas. I have bitten the bullet (again) and gone back up to a featured shop. Purely so I can max the listings .and also max out my listing allowance on my private account ( which is the same amount as a featured shop 'madness') and see if I can get my sales up.

I am still getting 'batches' of sales time wise and catagory wise..and also randam stuff I have had listed over months, and just about to to say I am not going to list it/them anymore..

It's Driving me Nuts as it's my only income..
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    I upgraded to a Featured Shop and my sales did go up. However, it's obviously not 'my turn' at the minute so sales are really slow

The £10 packaging voucher is useless, I now have enough bags, padded envelopes and tape to last ages, so no idea what to buy next month but on principle I'll find something !
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't take the plunge in the end as I am looking at going into a completely different direction. However, I have a new line of items, in fairness I suspect it is the sort of thing that will be desperately popular for a while and then after Christmas just die- the new line though has pushed my sales into the realms of the good old days. I'm not just selling the newly listed stuff I'm also selling all the other stuff as well, it's like eBay is rewarding me for selling by giving me better exposure on my older items.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    That might be a good point Soolin

A lot of my stock has been spring/summer related. And I had a product I sold out of. Sold 18 in one day alone.

Now I am trying to find 'winter' or more every day type products I can get at the right price..

Also prepping/buying for next spring/summer season.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport