Sewage in garden, again, need advice to get Thames Water to do something

Comments

• warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Suggested -

Registered letter to Thames Water CEO informing him you will hold him personally liable for illness/death in the family due to the sewage discharge, giving 10 working days to fully resolve

Tweet those pics to Thames Water twitter account

Registered letter to the Consumer Council for Water informing them that Thames Water are allowing an illegal discharge into a water way

Ring Environmental Health at Local Council

Ring Environment Agency incident hotline to inform them of illegal discharge into a water way

Lastly, next year plant tatties in that part of garden - should get a great crop.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I'll be looking down all of those routes if this isn't completely resolved this week.

Since I posted on their Facebook page I've had several phone calls from their customer team asking to come over and visit. I'll let you know how it goes.

So yesterday at one point this was my street:

33lhxub.jpg

The lorries just kept getting bigger until the biggest one did the trick.

Thames Water then sent out a CCTV unit to inspect the sewer. Remember the manhole cover is 40m from the street and the blockage another 90m from that point.
    So they sent the unit with 30m of useable CCTV cable!

Utterly incompetent bunch.
    Pants
  • warehouse
    I've been Money Tipped!
    So now we're on the 6th time, it just happened again. What did Thames Water do? They sent a van that couldn't do the job. Again I have raw sewage pouring down the garden.

Honestly I am literally pulling my hair out. I don't know what to do. How can I get someone there to take responsibility for this?

Help!
    Pants
  • Assuming the MP didn’t do anything ?
    Facebook post again & Twitter - companies hate the bad publicity.
    6 times since March is ridiculous it shouldn’t happen at all but there’s clearly a massive issue if it keeps happening...
    CEO letter is a good idea also.
    Good luck.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Did you write to the CEO and your MP?
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • warehouse
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Doozergirl wrote: »
    Did you write to the CEO and your MP?

MP yes, received a letter on house of commons headed paper saying he'd written to them.

No to CEO, where can I get his email address?
    Pants
  • keith969
    keith969 Posts: 1,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Thames CEO is Steve Robertson, chiefexecutive@thameswater.co.uk

Might be worth printing the letter out and posting it, recorded delivery, so they can't 'lose' it.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong.
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I would post again on Facebook, this time include pictures and make sure you reiterate how many times this has happened recently.
  • warehouse
    I've been Money Tipped!
    You guys are awesome.

Have filed a complaint with CCWater, have emailed a 2nd official complaint to Thames Water, have posted videos and pictures to their facebook and twitter pages, have contacted the local environmental health, (again), and am about to email the CEO.
    Pants
  • warehouse
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I emailed the CEO but not in a threatening way as suggested above but more in desperation as that is honestly how we feel right now.
    Pants
  • I don't really know much about this sort of thing, so forgive me if this post comes across as gibberish. But what about paying a company to inspect the drains with cameras, keep the bill and forward copies to the water company?

I agree that you shouldn't have to pay anybody at all. But if it goes some way to identifying the problem and it being fixed, surely it will be worth the cost and energy?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure