Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thanks Pippo. I had fun with that one but didn't do very well. Wasn't really sure if I could change the resolution on the screen to see more of the picture. :)

I am quoting my own post in the hope that others come along and add to our list.
    Sorry to post and run this morning, took me a while to realise that you can move the picture along!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh dont you just love when you have a dinner planned, it the potatoes all turn to mush in the pan.

So chicken and chips instead of chicken, mash and roasters and veg. Oh well, kids are happy.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Phew, Been to Metro Centre today, lunch with old friend, bit of a wander and then, on my own, a Click and collect dash plus a few small droid shops.....
    Well M&S for the fleece, just turn up, give your name, get your package, brief pleasant chat with SA.
    Boots for No 7 minimal purchase to get free gift - the've changed where you collect again so eventually found it upstairs at the photography counter (?) received 3 separate A 4 sized padded bags, 1 had an extra bubble wrap bag inside and contained 1 small eye shadow, 2nd had the free gift, 3rd had an eyeliner & another free gift!! :j:j:j - each package also contained order details on 2 sheets of paper!

Off to Debenhams - there you need the message on your phone, never sent me one, or a print out. 3/4 hour later the main package, a L'occitane gift set that was half price has eventually been found but damaged:eek: Got many apologies, a free coffee and now have to ring their contact centre for a refund, as A, they are not allowed to keep my money, and B, their own contact centre would not process the refund for one of their own managers!!
    The item is now out of stock, but she has promised me that she will arrange for me to get it at half price when (if) it comes back into stock!
    A quick call in at A's on the way home to refresh the B&H APG/stocks was uneventful, I'm pleased to say.

Wine is now calling before I make tea and then eventually settle down for a catch up!
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    On mine it's just my phones security code (that I use to open the phone). It tends to ask for it after I do about 4 transactions close together.

Yes that’s it , me too
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I need to catch up and speak to those who have been horrible to me, but i am cooking tea so will be later, BE WARNED!!!!:p:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • emerald21
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Ok, I think there may be two AP offers going on. Someone more knowledgeable than me may confirm.

I think the Costa must come from the other one then. I ve only got the one lot of Offers .
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Oh dont you just love when you have a dinner planned, it the potatoes all turn to mush in the pan.

So chicken and chips instead of chicken, mash and roasters and veg. Oh well, kids are happy.

I always microwave my potatoes in a vented microwave dish. Never have a problem.

Unless you mean the roasters?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • emerald21
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Looks like this:

https://www.android.com/intl/en_uk/pay/promotions/hsbctapmoments/

Why on earth did I link my FD card rather than my hsbc one :(

Ohhhh I haven t got an HSBC account .
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    I need to catch up and speak to those who have been horrible to me, but i am cooking tea so will be later, BE WARNED!!!!:p:p

Did warn you boys!

Afternoon bubbs. :D
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    View comparison
    11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Tetley Original Tea Bags (240pk) £6.39 £2.50
    1x ASDA Fizzy Cola Bottles (50g) £0.20 N/A
    1x ASDA Dijon Mustard (185g) £0.39 £0.55
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Super Sour Snakes (50g) £0.20 N/A
    1x Batchelors Cup a Soup Chicken (81gr) £1.07 £1.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Spaghetti (500g) £0.23 N/A
    1x ASDA Shrimps & Bananas (45g) £0.20 N/A
    1x ASDA Chocolate Eclairs (2pk) £1.00 £1.40
    3x Dove Men+Care Ultimate Care Gift Set with Shower Tool (each) £24.00 £9.75
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Chicken Thighs (1.1kg) £2.20 £3.30
    1x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow Bar (4x28g) £1.70 £1.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.09
    1x ASDA Scratch Cook Chopped Ginger (75g) £1.50 £1.50
    1x ASDA Mini Jelly Babies (45g) £0.20 N/A
    1x ASDA Fizzy Rainbow Belts (45g) £0.20 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £39.34 £22.29

Today's, the tetley works out quite good
    Marmie love your tree, it's perfect in that window
    Sarah hope you made soup with the watery mash, love tattie soup😁
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure