How much off list price?

Comments

• zooks
    zooks Posts: 101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    20% off a new car is easily achievable but will probably include manufacturer finance contributions for taking a pcp deal. You have a right to cancel this within 14 days and keep any contributions or incentives offered.
    I'm waiting on a factory order and intend to do this myself.
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tom99 wrote: »
    Try CarWow they will give you 5 quotes from named main dealers, most near you, and you can then contact any of the dealers with further questions.

As I said I tried Carwow and all the dealers prices were the same, just the government discount.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised, you probably aimed this at the OP.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    zooks wrote: »
    20% off a new car is easily achievable but will probably include manufacturer finance contributions for taking a pcp deal. You have a right to cancel this within 14 days and keep any contributions or incentives offered.
    I'm waiting on a factory order and intend to do this myself.

Best to settle the finance rather than cancel it.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    uknick wrote: »
    As I said I tried Carwow and all the dealers prices were the same, just the government discount.

EDIT: Sorry, just realised, you probably aimed this at the OP.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What government discount? Are you talking about the manufacturers scrappage schemes?[/FONT]
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    +1 for Carwow. I went equipped with prices to my local dealer and they were keen to match the price and closed the deal quite quickly.
  • uknick
    uknick Posts: 1,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tom99 wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]What government discount? Are you talking about the manufacturers scrappage schemes?[/FONT]

No, it's the electric car grant.
  • zooks
    zooks Posts: 101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bigadaj wrote: »
    Best to settle the finance rather than cancel it.

Really? i was under the impression if I settled I would be charged admin and a minimum interest cost but if cancelled it I would only pay a few days interest?
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    zooks wrote: »
    Really? i was under the impression if I settled I would be charged admin and a minimum interest cost but if cancelled it I would only pay a few days interest?

That is an interesting question. There seems to be a view that if you cancel within your 14 days you might have to pay back the discount you got.
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    As you've said any new car, if you could point me to a genuine 20% off a new i3 I would be most grateful
    Try CarWow they will give you 5 quotes from named main dealers

Just been through the above. Nothing below £27k. The best you can do is the 1.3% finance. Specific to the 'i' cars, the dealers are just agents. They're not selling you their cars, they're acting as agents between you and BMW so there's not much you can do. They also can't make them as fast as sell them so why should they offer money off?

The above may contain information from car salesmen - pinch of salt required.
    No, it's the electric car grant.

£4,500 off the i3, £2,500 (?) off the i3 ReX is the grant.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Thanks for all of the replies.

I am guessing at best I am looking at 10-20% and only if they are a little behind target towards the end of the month and possibly only if I take out their finance.

That is all I was after really, just something to push for.

I did not want to walk out of there with a free car freshner thinking I had got a good deal.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure