MSE News: 'We got £157,000 back for mis-sold PPI using MSE's free reclaim tool'

Former_MSE_Callum
Former_MSE_Callum Posts: 696 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
edited 10 October 2017 at 10:03PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
A MoneySaving couple are celebrating after reclaiming a whopping £153,000 in mis-sold PPI between them - the largest PPI success story we've ever seen....
Read the full story:
''We got £153,000 back for mis-sold PPI using MSE's free reclaim tool''
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Considering that PPI would only have been a proportion of the overall debt, "Hugh" must have had some major borrowing over the years:eek:

Obviously, he couldn't have achieved this refund without Resolver ;)
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm clearly pleased for them, but I still don't get it. I myself had loans and credit cards during the 1990's and even into the 2000's and I still have credit cards to this day and never once was I in a position of being mis sold a PPI plan. I never asked for PPI either. Was I just lucky (or unlucky dependent on your point of view!). I keep excellent records, I have every single paper bank statement, loan record and credit card statement dating back to 1988 (it's amazing what a divorce will lead you keeping!) I've never been mis sold anything. How did all of these people find themselves in a position whereby they were mis sold PPI policies? It's a genuine question! To be honest, I feel well and truly seen off that I'm not on this bandwagon!
  • verloren
    verloren Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I feel similar to you, Caddyman - I carefully avoided PPI at the time because I knew it was at best something I didn't need, and at worst a rip-off. If I'd known at the time I could have earned 8% on my money I'd have gone for it!
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    verloren wrote: »
    I feel similar to you, Caddyman - I carefully avoided PPI at the time because I knew it was at best something I didn't need, and at worst a rip-off. If I'd known at the time I could have earned 8% on my money I'd have gone for it!

Indeed! Oh how I wished I'd had crystal balls!!!
  • not very often I post on MSE now but do check it, this story has a lot more to it than is being reported, maybe we could be given more details. These guys must have been borrowing huge sums, and if you borrow that amount surely you understand what you are signing up to.

The rest of us who thought we were bright enough to not tick a box we didn't need or actually read the small print sit here in wonder of all of these people who just keep paying out all of these years for stuff they don't need. Sometime you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I was only offered it twice. Once I declined (furniture bought under finance from Courts) and it was added to my payment. I smacked that on the head after the first payment was taken. Pity I spotted it!

The second time was with a TSB credit card when I knew I wouldn't qualify for protection as I was temping at the time.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport