Work shy relative is becoming a nuisance

Comments

• annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Who said anything about buying him drinks all night?. He gets one or two off people he knows and who he has conned. He told me about the phone I didn't assume. And no I have no intention of giving him a penny. I don't know how he has managed to get away with claiming JSA for so long either save for when he has been sanctioned. I suspect he is doing the volunteer work so he can get his jsa. I pay tax and insurance like everyone on here and think his attitude is terrible. He models himself on Che Guevara but even he had a work ethic.

There are people on these boards who claim benefits. Theres a whole section of the board dedicated to benefits.

You dont get JSA just because you do voluntary work, it does not exempt you from having to look for work.
  • Annandale I have never claimed any benefit including jsa so I don't know the drill surrounding entitlement. Even at sixth form I had a job as a domestic at the local uni for 25 hours a week. This was before the NMW was made statutory. The longest my lazy cousin has held a job for is 11 months. His last one in 1996 was as a concierge at a college a very cushy job but no it was too much for him and he was only 33 then!. He even has the cheek to say he can't afford a funeral policy.
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Why is this any of your concern?
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I need a trophy, send money now!

Thanks
  • Bath_cube wrote: »
    He models himself on Che Guevara

He pretends to be a murdering terrorist?
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    I got a text from my lazy sod of a cousin earlier. He said ta very much for not contributing so he can have a nice Christmas. My reply isn't repeatable on here. Even the phone he text me on was supplied to him by the jobcentre, a cheap PAYG so his advisor can let him know of job alerts. He is pathetic.

How mean of the Jobcentre ...surely they should have issued him with an i-pad - or a laptop at least :-( :D
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    He pretends to be a murdering terrorist?
    Or doctor, revolutionary, politician and banker, depending on your perspective.
    None of which I suspect applies to the OPs supposed relative.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • hunters
    hunters Posts: 827 Forumite
    It surprises me the OP doesn't send these threads in to MSE as the dilemma of the week?
    :j
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,640 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Bath_cube wrote: »
    He models himself on Che Guevara

He's even failed at that, Che died at the age of 39.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Yesterday (saturday). Lazy cousin phoned me and said he needed to come to mine. My reply was your is Sheffield I'm many miles in Suffolk. He said my aunt is pressing him to get employment before its too late for him. He says it's mine and his sisters fault putting ideas in his mums head. His sister won't take him so I have to (his words). My answer is unrepeatable on here. Made it clear I won't be housing him. My aunt also wants more than £5 a week off him now he also says its my fault.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure