PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

help how do i get rid of mud stains

Comments

• Hello wonder if anyone can advise how to get mud stains out of a white (and red) top. My son decided it would be a good idea to have a mud fight! I have tried vanish/shout/60 degree wash to no avail. Any miracle cures?
  • would biotex work?
  • Aerial bio powder is supposed to be good for stains. didn't get pencil marks out of ds2s white shirts though :rolleyes: might be better with an 'organic' based stain like mud.
  • elljay20
    elljay20 Posts: 5,200
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    A lot of people have said stardrops is good. It certainly gets stains off my carpet. I always soak the item in a bucket for a few days and then just bung it in the washer
    :p It is better to be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
  • carol9uk
    carol9uk Posts: 917 Forumite
    soory if this is in the wrong place.
    my son has some dried in mud stains in his pe top i have tired vanish and oxi spray and they still have not come out, can anyone advise me on how to get them out pleasssseeee

thanks for reading
    carol
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Ambassador
    Hello carol9uk

I think your thread will be better placed in the 'Old Style' board, where they have lots of laundry experts and threads.;) I'll move it across for you.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • I always use de-solvit for stubborn stains. I used to get it in Asda but my local one hasn`t got it anymore. I got the last one in Wilkinsons.
  • I soak DS1's footy kit in Napisan for hours and hours before washing it if it's really muddy. The stains usually come out first time.

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My sons brand new Moto X shirt has 2 huge mud stains on, we have never had this happen before as it washes out usually, I know it's not a clean sport but would like to get stains out as these will be sold when he grows out of them. At £60 for the top and £130 for the trousers, need to get something back! Oh and he says it looks like poo!

I can't wash them at higher than 40C, and so far I have tried

Washing with - soda crystals (inc solution sprayed on) usual washing powder, vinegar, acetone, hairspray, star drops, washing up liquid!

Any better ways? It just won't budge, they haven't been allowed to dry yet, did search but couldn't find anything!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • usually if i have stains on my items of washing i use liquid washing powder and rub it into the affected area, then wash as normal

This usually does the trick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport