The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• Hi folks,

The Top Savings guide has been updated and the top easy-access accounts include the Post Office 1.27% AER variable (incl a 1.02% bonus for 12mths) and Kent Reliance 1.27% AER variable.

RCI Bank have launched a 1.3% AER variable easy-access account, though this does NOT have FSCS protection.

For more information on these accounts - and others - see our Top Savings guide.

Kind regards,
    MSE Karl
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MSE_Karl wrote: »
    Hi folks,

The Top Savings guide has been updated and the top easy-access accounts include the Post Office 1.27% AER variable (incl a 1.02% bonus for 12mths) and Kent Reliance 1.27% AER variable.

Kind regards,
    MSE Karl

Post Office Savings are no longer available to new customers.

Next stop Kent !
    Thank you for reading this message.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,095
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Virgin have just announced a 1.2% ISA.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    schiff wrote: »
    Virgin have just announced a 1.2% ISA.

Link?

I can't see it on their website:o
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,095
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I had it by personal e-mail, I've got loads of Virgin RSs! As a Man City fan all my life I refuse to indulge.

"So far so good for Man Utd this season. All the signs point to them challenging for more silverware next May.

This makes it the perfect time to tell you about our new Man Utd Double Champions E-ISA.
    Great rate as standard
    When you open it, you’re already guaranteed a decent fixed rate.
    1.20%

AER1 (1.20% Tax-free2 P.A.)
    fixed for the term. No matter what.
    Find out more
    If Utd win, you win too
    The real boost comes if Man Utd do the double this season. We’ll increase the fixed rate on your ISA, bumping it up to
    3.20%

AER1 (3.20% Tax-free2 P.A.)
    which will be backdated to the date your account was opened.
    Find out more
    Plus earn United Rewards entries as you save
    Every month your ISA is open, you’ll automatically earn entries into our United Rewards draws to win amazing Man Utd prizes – match tickets, signed shirts, matchday hospitality and more.

Our new Man Utd Double Champions E-ISA. The ISA that could really pay with United success next May."
  • Have a sum of money to open an account what is the best account to open & the best interest rate ?
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Forumite
    Have a sum of money to open an account what is the best account to open & the best interest rate ?

Hi John

There is a lot of variables to consider !

It depends on how much you have to invest.

How quickly do you need the money? Can you leave it in for a period of time, or can you give notice of withdrawal?

Have you used your full ISA allowance for this year?

Have a look at Top Savings.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,393
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Karl wrote: »
    Hi folks,

RCI Bank have launched a 1.3% AER variable easy-access account, though this does NOT have FSCS protection.

For more information on these accounts - and others - see our Top Savings guide.

Kind regards,
    MSE Karl
    Post Office Savings are no longer available to new customers.

Next stop Kent !
    Do you have a source/link for this comment please?

The online application process seems to start OK at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/savings-accounts/online-saver although admittedly I didn't follow it all the way through....
  • I-LOV-MONEY
    Forumite
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Do you have a source/link for this comment please?

The online application process seems to start OK at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/savings-accounts/online-saver although admittedly I didn't follow it all the way through....

There was a panel on the right hand side of the front page saying that it wasn't available. Obviously somebody has got the calculator out and found that they can take in more money!
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Also the page in eskbanker's link states that rates are correct s at 5 October 2017, so if it is already 'no longer available to new customers' its the fastest disappearing account seen in a long time.

However, I personally wouldn't use PO for anything to which I need access:cool:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback