Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Comments

• Hi Becky, roll on your update tomorrow - sub 100k :T:T

Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    £99,469.01p

WOOHOO :D
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Beckyy wrote: »
    £99,469.01p

WOOHOO :D

Fantastic

:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j:T:j
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• Beckyy
    I've been trying to set up a faster payment online for a couple of days and my online banking has been a nightmare and given me an error everytime! Have finally got it sorted though, and sent through a £1 payment to test it.

I've just called for a balance and its not gone through yet, but think it can take a couple of hours. Current balance is: £99,538.62

It's horrible seeing it go up with the interest! I've got a little Quidco payment of £8.88 so I'll OP that once the fast payment tester has gone through. Every little helps!
  • Beckyy
    Finally managed to check the faster payment went through after about 5 painful attempts at the automated Barclays line. Either I have a ridiculous accent or it's having a bad day, or both!

Balance now: £99,537.62. £8.88 OP sent through :)
  • Congratulations Becky, Down to 5 figures absolutely brilliant news. I will be joining you tomorrow as I've got a regular saver maturing and I get paid.
    It's been our mini goal since we started. Will you be celebrating? I think we may treat ourselves to the cinema if we can get a baby sitter!
    Mortgage was £144,308.70 (12.1.10):eek:

Mortgage now £79,046.09 (30.11.15):money:
  • Well done - great news.
    Start Date 16/09/2015
    Original amount outstanding = 225,000 Current amount outstanding =199,812
    Original LTV = 64% Current LTV = 49%
    Original Pay Off Date = Sep' 36 New Pay Off date = Sep' 36
    Original Dly Int = 17.17 New Dly Int = 17.17 Total OP = £1319.31
  • Beckyy
    justinj wrote: »
    It's been our mini goal since we started. Will you be celebrating? I think we may treat ourselves to the cinema if we can get a baby sitter!

Congratulations! I think we might do the same actually, I hope you have a lovely night :j
  • Beckyy
    It's been a very expensive month so far, and we're only a few days in!

I had to take the dog back to the vets as the inflammation between his toes has come back. I paid for a prescription for the antibiotics and anti inflammatory, then ordered them online. Consultation, prescriptions and medication = £150. He's to go back for the same again in 3 weeks if that doesn't totally clear it up.

We've also had a big problem with our raw dog food supplier, and although we've now found another supplier we've had to stock up on the incredibly expensive frozen food from Pets at Home, which works out more than double the price. We also have to pay our new supplier next week for an order.

It's also OH's sisters birthday this weekend. We said we'd get a takeaway for everyone and go round with it, and we also still have to find her a little gift too.

I have however, just OP'd £10 of Halifax rewards and £3 Quidco payment (every little helps!). I added some extra into OH's car fund at the end of September, but I'm going to have to take it out as the poor dog has muddled up the budgets this month.
  • Beckyy
    I though I'd use my Boots points to pay for some 3 for 2 gifts. One for OH's Sister's birthday and a couple for Christmas. Silly me spent £33 and only had £31.97 points and you have to have enough points to cover the whole transaction... what a palava!

Had to swap my free one, then swap one of the other ones to one cheaper than the free one to bring it down to £30. Almost wished I hadn't have bothered, but at least it's done and a couple of Christmas presents ticked off the list for 'free.'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure