E.on Fix Online v20

Comments

• Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The right to refuse a smart meter is very clear, we don't need to justify it to you or anyone else.

Still waiting for the E.on rep to reply, comments from anyone else isn't constructive here.

That's the problem smart meters should never have been a choice for customers, just like when meters in the past were changed to more advanced versions people were never given the choice it just happened.

You really need to think to yourself if you can't justify why you don't want a smart meter what's the point in fighting against them. Why waste so much time and effort of yours and the energy companies refusing to have one just because you can.
    Spend your time on something more productive that will actually benefit you ;)
  • oliverbrown
    oliverbrown Posts: 522 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Takmon wrote: »
    Spend your time on something more productive that will actually benefit you ;)
    I would suggest the same to you, stop spending your time trying to convince someone who doesn't want a smart meter to accept one when I've already made it clear what my position is.
  • Takmon
    I would suggest the same to you, stop spending your time trying to convince someone who doesn't want a smart meter to accept one when I've already made it clear what my position is.

But your refusal of a smart meter is restricting the tariffs you can go onto which means your potentially going to be going onto more expensive tariffs to avoid one. This would be pretty foolish to effectively pay to not have a smart meter when you have no justification for not wanting one.

Yes you have stated your position but only a stupid person would maintain a position without any logical reason for doing so and refuse to discuss it. I'm assuming you don't want to be a stupid person?
  • oliverbrown
    Yes you have stated your position but only a stupid person would maintain a position without any logical reason for doing so and refuse to discuss it. I'm assuming you don't want to be a stupid person?
    What do you care what I choose to have installed in my property or not? Do you work for Smart Energy GB or something?
  • Takmon
    What do you care what I choose to have installed in my property or not? Do you work for Smart Energy GB or something?

It may be in your property but your Electric and Gas meter certainly don't belong to you. I just find it amusing how for decades meters have been changed to more modern versions (from analog to digital is one example) by the energy companies without the customer being given a choice and their were few issues with this.

Now suddenly people have a choice (which doesn't make sense because the meters aren't their property) they suddenly decide to believe scare stories and strongly object to having one for no logical reason.

Then when i see people starting to choose higher priced tariffs to avoid having one i just think well i might as well at least point out the stupidity of this so they can think twice before they start paying more.
  • oliverbrown
    Then when i see people starting to choose higher priced tariffs to avoid having one i just think well i might as well at least point out the stupidity of this so they can think twice before they start paying more.
    I see, so you're not getting paid for it and you still evangelise for smart meters to people who tell you they are not interested getting one.

Go and bother some other thread.
  • Takmon
    I see, so you're not getting paid for it and you still evangelise for smart meters to people who tell you they are not interested getting one.

Go and bother some other thread.

No i'm not getting paid to explain logically why there is no reason to refuse to have one.

But what's even worse is your effectively paying to not have one for no reason at all :rotfl:

I wonder how much other money your wasting on illogical resistance to change...
  • oliverbrown
    But what's even worse is your effectively paying to not have one for no reason at all
    You're obsessed with me not wanting a smart meter, I think you might need some professional help.
  • Gold123
    Gold123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 May 2019 at 10:49PM
    There are numerous reasons why someone would not want a smart meter including my main reason's, incompetent engineers installing them incorrectly and causing fires, another form of data monitoring into our lives, having another engineer having to enter my property. Also, I know if I got one I would be constantly monitering how much electricity/gas I use, something I would rather not have to do. That's not to say in the future I would not accept one, just not ready for one at rhe moment.

Really would like to sign up to this tariff in the next couple of days so would be nice if the Eon representative could answer on the misleading terms and conditions when signing up.
  • Takmon
    You're obsessed with me not wanting a smart meter, I think you might need some professional help.

Well this is my 6th post in a discussion with you about not wanting a smart meter.

If 6 posts is an obsession that needs professional help then looking at how many posts you have on here saying you don't want a smart meter, i think the men in white coats need to come and collect you from your house immediately :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure