Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy

Comments

• PeoplesEnergy
    PeoplesEnergy Posts: 27 Organisation Representative
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    So I submitted my first meter read after a month and got a statement a few days later. It all looks ok so far.

Their website is a bit basic, but is looks like it took my meter read ok.

Thanks for the feedback and we agree with you on the need to update our website. we're working behind the scenes on this so we can't wait to unveil it :j. In the meantime, let us know if there's anything else we can do like sending you an awesome People's Energy goodie bag :cool:.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • :beer: Great news and happy to have you with us. We won't be changing anything in the next few weeks, other than aiming to get better for our awesome people so happy days.

Thanks for the reply.

BTW your quote page doesn't work properly i.e. it won't email a copy of the quote.
  • PeoplesEnergy
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

BTW your quote page doesn't work properly i.e. it won't email a copy of the quote.

Thanks for flagging that issue on our quote page and it's something we definitely need to get sorted as soon as possible so we're on it :smiley:.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PeoplesEnergy
    Am intrigued by this new company, have not heard of them before today but will now look at their website for first impressions and will come back later in this post..........

Home page makes it clear that the co is altruistic - 100% renewable, 75% profits back to the customer, customer representation on the board.
    Found first spelling mistake after 60 secs!
    Took a look at the "people" and found:
    One customer rep with no obvious credentials to represent the customer but like all of them has 'passion'.
    I learn the CEO's dog's name. David also says " I use an inconsistent approach to spelling" so perhaps he was the culprit?
    Karen seems the bees knees.
    Duncan says he "can count quite well" and has a relationship with peanut butter - lucky lady!
    Now on to 'Community'. They "are not fans of throwing money at switching sites to get more customers" - so no enticement for me to join them via MSE. But they do want to support charity and is in partnership with one charity.
    They have a page called the Full Monty and it's a bit of a let down not to see that - had visions of David, Karen and Duncan but no, we are given board minutes. These are very easy to follow and contains reports of electricity wholesale prices, problems with flat rate direct debits, staff numbers, advertising - the usual start up stuff I would imagine.
    Other statistics are shown such as the number of customers.
    There's a blog which I did not read as I do not normally pay much attention to informal diary-style info.
    That is it, the website is easy to read, easy to follow and I should think easy to know if this is your sort of company.

Will I join? There is a salary cap of 10:1 and I wonder how this helps anyone? Is it sound business acumen? If you want a share of the profits as a customer you need damn good people making them. Think I will sleep on it!

Hi Lucy,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to share your thoughts on People's Energy. It's really important to us that we hear about people's experiences in finding out about us,

Your insights on the Full Monty page are really great to hear and we'll look at ways to add more valuable information to it so will take your feedback on board.

We recently appointed a Customer Representative to our Advisory Board so that customers are represented throughout the business and we have already seen a great response to this (over 1,100 people voted for who they would like to represent them on the board). In implementing our 10:1 salary cap we are striving to ensure we never lose focus of the fact that there is a problem in all industries with huge bonuses and salaries that promote gender pay disparity and greed. We will always strive to employ the best of the best but we also don't want to become just another money hungry energy company :beer:.

If you're happy to provide your contact details David or Karin would love to get in touch to share more with you on the People's Energy journey and answer any questions you may have.

You can get in touch via marketing@peoplesenergy.co.uk.
    Verified Company
  • HUMBUG
    HUMBUG Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    So are People's Energy planning any price increases in the next few months?

When I do a comparison between Bulb Vari-Fair (after their planned tariff increases at the end of November) vs your current tariff , there is a 'Hooray' message saying I'll save £381 .

But what would be the point in moving to People's Energy if you too are planning any major increases in the next month or so? Your tariff is variable and means you can increase your prices at any moment (but you need to give 30 days notice as per your energy licence).
  • HUMBUG wrote: »

When I do a comparison between Bulb Vari-Fair (after their planned tariff increases at the end of November) vs your current tariff , there is a 'Hooray' message saying I'll save £381 .

But what would be the point in moving to People's Energy if you too are planning any major increases in the next month or so? Your tariff is variable and means you can increase your prices at any moment (but you need to give 30 days notice as per your energy licence).

Wow, that sounds like a lot of energy being used to make that kind of saving.

I'm on the same tariff at slightly above average usage and I would save around £70 by switching to PE or £120 for Pure Planet.

It's a gamble but you can always switch as there are no exit fees... if you can find a cheaper alternative if prices do increase.
  • I switched to People's Energy from the abominable IRESA because I liked their stated aims and ethos and, although they weren't the cheapest supplier they were pretty competitive. I spend quite a bit on gas and electric. My thoughts so far are that they were initially very helpful when dealing with the abominable IRESA and their attempts to stop people from switching. I was impressed with all the people I dealt with at People's Energy who were very helpful and seemed enthusiastic about what they were doing. Their call centres seem to be in the UK which is also helpful as sometimes dealing with a language barrier on top of trying to sort out account issues can be difficult.

However, after six months I am having some issues. I've never had a reminder to submit meter readings or any kind of statement telling me my bill is available. When I realised this recently I logged in online to look at my bills there instead but I get a message there saying told I can't access any bills 'until my first bill cycle' - I have been with them months so there should be bills there. I have submitted meter readings when I've remembered but there doesn't seem to be any history of them. The woman I spoke to also seemed to think that I am not being supplied energy by them when I definitely am. A ticket has now been raised but I was given no idea when this might all be resolved and the customer services rep I spoke to this time seemed a lot less helpful.

So, all in all, a bit disappointing and I am thinking of leaving now because I can do without the hassle.
  • PeoplesEnergy
    CelticStar wrote: »
    I switched to People's Energy from the abominable IRESA because I liked their stated aims and ethos and, although they weren't the cheapest supplier they were pretty competitive. I spend quite a bit on gas and electric. My thoughts so far are that they were initially very helpful when dealing with the abominable IRESA and their attempts to stop people from switching. I was impressed with all the people I dealt with at People's Energy who were very helpful and seemed enthusiastic about what they were doing. Their call centres seem to be in the UK which is also helpful as sometimes dealing with a language barrier on top of trying to sort out account issues can be difficult.

However, after six months I am having some issues. I've never had a reminder to submit meter readings or any kind of statement telling me my bill is available. When I realised this recently I logged in online to look at my bills there instead but I get a message there saying told I can't access any bills 'until my first bill cycle' - I have been with them months so there should be bills there. I have submitted meter readings when I've remembered but there doesn't seem to be any history of them. The woman I spoke to also seemed to think that I am not being supplied energy by them when I definitely am. A ticket has now been raised but I was given no idea when this might all be resolved and the customer services rep I spoke to this time seemed a lot less helpful.

So, all in all, a bit disappointing and I am thinking of leaving now because I can do without the hassle.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave such a thorough review and share your feedback with us. We take the experiences and views of our members seriously as we're here to provide you with the best service possible.

It looks like we've dropped the ball on a few things here and we'd love to put them right for you.

Would you be able to drop us a line with your name and telephone number/email so that we can get in touch to sort out the above (0131 285 5510 or customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk) but also to make sure we fix the problems that are causing them to happen.

We believe in owning up when we mess up and getting right onto it to fix it, so rest assured we'll be back to that company you love again. With over 16,000 members calling People's Energy home we're also closer now to beginning to pay back our first 75% of profits back :j.
    Verified Company
  • PeoplesEnergy
    HUMBUG wrote: »

Great question. That's great news to hear you saved £381 with us and we're delighted to have you be part of the People's Energy family.

We are delighted to confirm we will not be increasing our prices in the next month or so :beer:. In our first year of business we reduced our prices twice and have only increased them once since then due to the unsustainable wholesale price increase in the market. Our team will always put our members over profit so where we can we'll help people save money rather than pay more.
    Verified Company
  • PeoplesEnergy
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of energy being used to make that kind of saving.

I'm on the same tariff at slightly above average usage and I would save around £70 by switching to PE or £120 for Pure Planet.

It's a gamble but you can always switch as there are no exit fees... if you can find a cheaper alternative if prices do increase.

Thanks for the great point there on the no exit fees. We don't have any price increases planned and as you say if we ever become more expensive than the 'Big Six' or a supplier you have switched to us from, you can switch with no penalty fee.

However, we want to keep our 16,000+ family strong so we'll do all that we can to keep our prices affordable :cool:.
    Verified Company
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback