PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First spend of May on Saturday. Technically my month doesn't start til tomorrow, but seeing as I don't really go to the shops mid week, me and DH went to Ali1 and MrT's on Saturday to stock up on tins etc

Spent £15.15 at Ald1's on some rice, cheese, mince and another butternut squash plus some other things
    Spent £54.60 after coupons in MrT's, got lots of tinned toms, tinned beans, dried pasta, reduced chorizo, olive oil on offer. Got a reduced fresh chicken for £3.15, cooked that up for dinner on Sat.

Made 15's for the fridge on Saturday, man those are some moreish biscuits!!

Last night DH stripped the reduced chicken, made stock from the carcass. I made some tomato and chorizo soup for dinner tonight, plus pasta salad for lunch at work today and tomorrow for me and my boss. That means Wed and Thurs it's her turn to get lunch, Friday I'm having a half day as we are going to view a house :j

So, nothing at all needs to be spent AT ALL this week!!!!
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • tatabubbly
    tatabubbly Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Starting my month today! Paid off my massive electricity bill this month which means I've nothing left of my wages!! NSD for me I think. I need to top my cupboards up with some fruit and veggies but apart from that I'm staying away from the shops!
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • Hi all,

Loving the food pictures, makes me hungry and it's only 11!!!

Reporting a spend of £55.61, in Mr T's. Used the price flop MOCS, and my £6 off £40, so stocked up. Also got the mini wine bottles, for picnics and days out.
    Cleaning the house now, got my sister round this afternoon to brainstorm fund raising events as her OH has gone up Everest with the wounded soldiers. Any ideas would be great!
    U guys are very inventive and resourceful, and I would appreciate any experience u may of had with this!!
    Thanks,
    Sally.
  • valerie57
    valerie57 Posts: 140 Forumite
    Well here I am again. As you will see from the signature I am struggling to manage within budget but I know it would be much worse if I wasn't monitoring it and getting tips and support from here. I am beginning to understand why I am struggling. DH is now fully on board so that will help. My other areas to improve are cutting down the number of trips to the shops (I don't just buy milk when I am there) and the amount I spend when we are entertaining. I go OTT and need to get that under control. Here goes. Good luck everyone.
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    zepsgal wrote: »
    First spend of May on Saturday. Technically my month doesn't start til tomorrow, but seeing as I don't really go to the shops mid week, me and DH went to Ali1 and MrT's on Saturday to stock up on tins etc

Spent £15.15 at Ald1's on some rice, cheese, mince and another butternut squash plus some other things
    Spent £54.60 after coupons in MrT's, got lots of tinned toms, tinned beans, dried pasta, reduced chorizo, olive oil on offer. Got a reduced fresh chicken for £3.15, cooked that up for dinner on Sat.

Made 15's for the fridge on Saturday, man those are some moreish biscuits!!

Last night DH stripped the reduced chicken, made stock from the carcass. I made some tomato and chorizo soup for dinner tonight, plus pasta salad for lunch at work today and tomorrow for me and my boss. That means Wed and Thurs it's her turn to get lunch, Friday I'm having a half day as we are going to view a house :j

So, nothing at all needs to be spent AT ALL this week!!!!

That's a new one for me! Can anyne tell me what 15's are? ;)
  • A spend of 'about' £6 over the weekend by DH! He really needs more training. But he did only buy ice cream to make me feel better...we found out we're expecting DC2 on Saturday so it was a celebration too! So long as all goes well there'll be a new bunny joining us in late December!

I've spent this morning sorting out the new joint account, bill payments, spending money etc and feeling a lot more organised. The theory is that we'll spend more wisely if we have limited access to cash and can see what the other is spending money on!
  • Winchelsea
    Winchelsea Posts: 693 Forumite
    Aiming for £40 again this month. Was well under in April, but have been using up some stores. May or may not be able to do the same two months in a row!
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • fozziebeartoo
    sallybunny wrote: »
    A spend of 'about' £6 over the weekend by DH! He really needs more training. But he did only buy ice cream to make me feel better...we found out we're expecting DC2 on Saturday so it was a celebration too! So long as all goes well there'll be a new bunny joining us in late December!

I've spent this morning sorting out the new joint account, bill payments, spending money etc and feeling a lot more organised. The theory is that we'll spend more wisely if we have limited access to cash and can see what the other is spending money on!

Congratulations on the forthcoming baby bunny - what lovely news!! :T
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    That's a new one for me! Can anyne tell me what 15's are? ;)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=14925839#post14925839

They are on the recipe list on the first page, down in amongst the biscuits and cakes :)

I printed out the recipe cos I had loads of desicatted coconut with no uses and I found a can of condensed milk in the cupboard (literally no idea where that came from :rotfl:)

I used more like 18 biscuits, and managed to make two big sausage shapes from the mixture. Made on Saturday night, we have ate one whole sausage shape of the mix already :rotfl:

Deeeeeeelicious!!
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • fozziebeartoo
    zepsgal wrote: »
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=14925839#post14925839

They are on the recipe list on the first page, down in amongst the biscuits and cakes :)

I printed out the recipe cos I had loads of desicatted coconut with no uses and I found a can of condensed milk in the cupboard (literally no idea where that came from :rotfl:)

I used more like 18 biscuits, and managed to make two big sausage shapes from the mixture. Made on Saturday night, we have ate one whole sausage shape of the mix already :rotfl:

Deeeeeeelicious!!

Thank you!! Mmmmmm :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family